PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
The stock PP2 wheels with the sport cup 2's are very intense, regardless of what drive mode you are on, but im coming from a basic ass honda accord, so depending on how much prior experience you've had with fat wheels and sticky tires, it might not be that bad. Personally for me, I was shocked and thought there was something wrong with my steering wheel the first few times i drove around with the stock pp2 setup.

Since then, iv swapped the wheels to a squared setup, using the 19x9.0 ET 45 PP1 wheels, wrapped in 255/40R - 19 Blizzak LM-32s. The drive is night and day difference. Very smooth, very controlled, and not aggressive at all.
I still take on-ramps at high speeds for shiggles sometimes, and the car feels very planted(when its dry out obviously). Had some early snow in November and was able to drive around in about 2-3 inches of snow no problem. I daily drive my pp2, and it is very comfortable. The different toggle modes still make a huge difference. I can definitely feel the steering wheel tighten up, and the suspension / throttle response / (even clutch engagement i think) change up between sport+, track, and normal mode.

I cant wait for summer to roll back around so i can do some real driving with the sc2's though. Apparently they are incredible when its dry/hot out. Once they run out ill likely switch to the mp4s for the summer, since it does rain a bunch here in summer.

This car is awesome.

Nearing 3000 miles and my only complaint is the weird little rattles coming from the back seat and lower left leg area of the driver seat. (maybe the speaker grill? or like the trim piece connected to the sunglasses holder / trunk lid button?)

Interesting. Thank you sir! For your time and feedback.

I will be swapping tires day 1, front and rear.
Sponsored

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
I took it in yesterday at 11 local time. So far it is the "instrument cluster". According the dealership, as of late yesterday, there are none available and it is back-order. However, 24 hours later Ford still has not let the dealership know when one will be available...:curse::headbang: :crying:
Bummer --sorry to hear this. Let us know how it goes.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'm on Bridgestone 305/30/19's from day one. Never drove on the SC2's. In normal mode, I think the ride is very comfortable. I predominantly drive in Sport mode which is a little less forgiving, but still very acceptable. It gets pretty stiff in track mode and noticeably less forgiving. You can feel it tramline a little with 305's on the front (I believe the SC2's are worse than these Bridgestones), but it's not that bad.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Interesting. Thank you sir! For your time and feedback.

I will be swapping tires day 1, front and rear.
Sweet pics. Which winglets did you get?

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
I'm on Bridgestone 305/30/19's from day one. Never drove on the SC2's. In normal mode, I think the ride is very comfortable. I predominantly drive in Sport mode which is a little less forgiving, but still very acceptable. It gets pretty stiff in track mode and noticeably less forgiving. You can feel it tramline a little with 305's on the front (I believe the SC2's are worse than these Bridgestones), but it's not that bad.
This is what I was hoping to hear... thank you very much Silver Bullitt!!!

Sponsored

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Good day, fellow enthusiasts :) I am a brand new member to the forum, and also to the beautiful world of Mustang --soon to be via a PP2. I am about to complete my custom order for a 2019, after joyous research. Unfortunately, the option of test driving one is, as you know, not an option... so I wanted to ask you, daily drivers, the following:

Very specific question... after exchanging your OEM Cup 2 tires with higher profile ones (MSP4S, MPSS, or the like, possibly with 295/35s front and 325/30s rear set ups), how is the daily drivability of the car with MagneRide in NORMAL mode, in terms of ride comfort? Only curious about this in NORMAL setting.

Reason I ask... I am from CO and just moved to Atlanta GA, with a BMW M2 non-Competition as daily driver. The M2 is stiffed-legged, and has no Electronic Damping Control (EDC); while tolerable in CO, it wasn't (for us) here in Midtown Atlanta streets, and sold it mostly because of this. The PP2 would be its replacement. My M5 does have EDC, and it is comfortable in comfort mode --our butts and lower backs can tell the difference.
For what it is worth, I test drove a PP1 without MagneRide, and a GT350. I found the 350 to be more comfortable in NORMAL mode vs the M2 --and also than the PP1: in terms of ride comfort M2 < PP1 < 350 NORMAL mode.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I have enjoyed looking at your beautiful rides and custom builds! I might opt for a Roush supercharger.
I have also switched to the Michelin 3S plus for the winter and the rain and love these tires in the rain. On really bad weather days I will run in normal mode but even in the wet I prefer to be in Sport plus, the engine performs at a better level for me on the street and the ride is stiffer. I also have Recaro seats and I have no complaints on the ride from my wife.

neelas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2
Sweet pics. Which winglets did you get?
I got the 15-17 Roush one's they match the side skirts dead on. And they add alittle something to the mix.

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I took it in yesterday at 11 local time. So far it is the "instrument cluster". According the dealership, as of late yesterday, there are none available and it is back-order. However, 24 hours later Ford still has not let the dealership know when one will be available...:curse::headbang: :crying:
UPDATE 1/4/19: The new instrument cluster was installed...car won't start. Dealer said it was a bad instrument cluster so second on is on order. :angry:

gregckach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 Kona Blue
That's terrible. The digital cluster is so cool but I ultimately passed due to cost. I hope they can figure it out.

Good day, fellow enthusiasts :) I am a brand new member to the forum, and also to the beautiful world of Mustang --soon to be via a PP2. I am about to complete my custom order for a 2019, after joyous research. Unfortunately, the option of test driving one is, as you know, not an option... so I wanted to ask you, daily drivers, the following:

Very specific question... after exchanging your OEM Cup 2 tires with higher profile ones (MSP4S, MPSS, or the like, possibly with 295/35s front and 325/30s rear set ups), how is the daily drivability of the car with MagneRide in NORMAL mode, in terms of ride comfort? Only curious about this in NORMAL setting.

Reason I ask... I am from CO and just moved to Atlanta GA, with a BMW M2 non-Competition as daily driver. The M2 is stiffed-legged, and has no Electronic Damping Control (EDC); while tolerable in CO, it wasn't (for us) here in Midtown Atlanta streets, and sold it mostly because of this. The PP2 would be its replacement. My M5 does have EDC, and it is comfortable in comfort mode --our butts and lower backs can tell the difference.
For what it is worth, I test drove a PP1 without MagneRide, and a GT350. I found the 350 to be more comfortable in NORMAL mode vs the M2 --and also than the PP1: in terms of ride comfort M2 < PP1 < 350 NORMAL mode.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I have enjoyed looking at your beautiful rides and custom builds! I might opt for a Roush supercharger.
Welcome to Atlanta! I've had my PP2 here since August and it's not as harsh as you may be expecting on most roads. I live in Roswell and the tram-lining effect of the wide Cup 2s is the only downside that I really notice. Otherwise it's great on highways and average surface streets. I almost got a BMW M2 as well (came from a regular E90 3 Series) so I can't say if it's any better or worse, but for the Atlanta area it's fine. If I were to do it again though I would have immediately taken off the Cup 2s to help with the tram-lining and save my paint from all the chips as it throws up every little pebble it finds. Save those tires for another lightweight Apex set for track days or just sell them.

And hopefully you see this in time, but every car enthusiast in Atlanta needs to go to Caffeine and Octane. It's the largest monthly car show in the US. It's the first Sunday of every month at Perimeter Mall and runs from 8AM to 11AM. The next one is tomorrow (the 6th). It's huge and there's a ton of variety. If you ever catch me at the show I can give you a ride to see if you can live with the ride quality. There are also some great roads up in the north Georgia mountains that you DEFINITELY need to hit up. I got my PP2 with those roads in mind and it's so awesome. The M2 would do well up there too.

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
That's terrible. The digital cluster is so cool but I ultimately passed due to cost. I hope they can figure it out.

Welcome to Atlanta! I've had my PP2 here since August and it's not as harsh as you may be expecting on most roads. I live in Roswell and the tram-lining effect of the wide Cup 2s is the only downside that I really notice. Otherwise it's great on highways and average surface streets. I almost got a BMW M2 as well (came from a regular E90 3 Series) so I can't say if it's any better or worse, but for the Atlanta area it's fine. If I were to do it again though I would have immediately taken off the Cup 2s to help with the tram-lining and save my paint from all the chips as it throws up every little pebble it finds. Save those tires for another lightweight Apex set for track days or just sell them.

And hopefully you see this in time, but every car enthusiast in Atlanta needs to go to Caffeine and Octane. It's the largest monthly car show in the US. It's the first Sunday of every month at Perimeter Mall and runs from 8AM to 11AM. The next one is tomorrow (the 6th). It's huge and there's a ton of variety. If you ever catch me at the show I can give you a ride to see if you can live with the ride quality. There are also some great roads up in the north Georgia mountains that you DEFINITELY need to hit up. I got my PP2 with those roads in mind and it's so awesome. The M2 would do well up there too.
Terrible indeed for Jim --I also skipped it, cost and longevity, I thought.
Jim, should be taken care of; nuisance to go through, nonetheless. Keep us posted.

Thank you so much Greg! I just followed you :) will send an intro PM. I appreciate the time and feedback about your PP2, also to inform about the show (had no idea), and the offer of a ride. I did get to this timely, just happened to have had plans, but I will be there next month.

The M2 sold; btw, through this ATL shop discovered via Google and turned out to be awesome: www.gasmotorcars.com.

I had an E92 6MT M3 before the M2 and, while stiffer than your E90, it was about as comfortable in Comfort mode --said the missus, I drove in Sport mode, which was comfortable for my daily driving. The M2 has very different characteristics that your E90 and GT PP2: a surge of torque in lower revs, bigger than that of the M2 Competition (BMW adjusted the mapping), vs the linear semi-anemic-torquey S65; M2's chassis has an overall, satisfying feeling of nimbleness... BUT it is stiff-legged and underdamped, sometimes to the point of absurdity (for me): higher frequency oscillations during highway driving; a beverage spiller if you are not careful avoiding average road imperfections, etc.

However... acknowledging that no manufactured device is 100% perfect 100% of the time, also IMHO, the 2018- Coyote engine is a far superior design vs the modified N55 in the M2, and even vs the S55 in the M2 Competition. Add MagneRide, and the chassis setup of the PP2... with or without differential and transmission coolers from factory, a PP2 is one heck of a machine, and great value proposition. I was impressed driving the PP1 and 350.

I think you got the better car, and my congratulations are in order. I never owned/drove a Mustang before, eagerly waiting for my PP2 to arrive.

I checked about the same boxes, in Black: GT Base, PP2, Recaro cloth, Active Exhaust. I added the Enhanced Security, and will be replacing the tires at the dealer. Looking forward to meeting in person!

Last edited:

Sponsored

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
just put in an order for that Syncro Shift II fluid.

Will post an update once I swap the fluid out and drive around for a bit.

Link for anyone interested:
https://www.opmustang.com/store/p4/...II_Synthetic_Gear_Oil_-_MT82_Kit_.html.html#/

Apparently this makes a huge difference. Guess we'll find out!

Havent looked into that rear diff fluid yet, but i might do that if i get some good results from the syncro shift.

Mr.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 2019 Velocity Blue PP2
I'm running that stuff in my MT82 in my '13 Boss 302. I pulled the FoMoCo fluid out at 20,000 miles and it was brown. Seems to shift smoother.

DLW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
just put in an order for that Syncro Shift II fluid.

Will post an update once I swap the fluid out and drive around for a bit.

Link for anyone interested:
https://www.opmustang.com/store/p4/...II_Synthetic_Gear_Oil_-_MT82_Kit_.html.html#/

Apparently this makes a huge difference. Guess we'll find out!

Havent looked into that rear diff fluid yet, but i might do that if i get some good results from the syncro shift.
Just got mine in about a week ago although have not changed it out yet.
I went ahead and bought the trans and rear fluid (on sale) as I have heard some say the diff fluid does help with overheating if you track your car, at least with the thicker 140 fluid.
Since the trans is a bit notchy, hoping this will help as many others have said.

Last edited:

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Hey Donson. What did you do to those wheels or is that the lighting??

Also, does anyone have any idea how many of pp2 cars were made? I know that seems silly but I think a lot of us would like to know.

Thanks!
Sponsored