Sponsored

Who is trading in for the new GT500?

Who is trading in for the new GT500?

• Total voters

GrapeApe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Expedition EL, 2002 Camaro Z/28 331 with Twins, 1969 Camaro Z/28, 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner 440 6pack
Ill entertain the idea in 2021 once the marketing buzz falls off and the dealers return to reality. I love the new car in Legendary Silver, but ill probably just buy it and not trade anything in.
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Ill entertain the idea in 2021 once the marketing buzz falls off and the dealers return to reality. I love the new car in Legendary Silver, but ill probably just buy it and not trade anything in.
It will sit nicely with your whippled GT 350 :handsinair:

I also want one to pair with mine but I am happy to wait until I can get one without ADM though. I will definitely need to thin the herd before then and will probably have to get rid of my "home made" GT 500's first-

Sleeved 5.2 with GT 350 heads in auto Hellion TT car is being "down graded" to a sleeved 5.0/GT heads in preparation to sell after breaking the 5.2 motor(hoping the 5.2 motor can be rebuilt )
The heads on the 5.2 in the 6 speed(Tremec)3.2 KB car have already been down graded to GT heads after GT 350 heads were being lifted under boost (also found some scoring in the cam journals I hope can be fixed). I do have another sleeved 5.2 block with GT 350 heads/spec cams/phasers/lifters that may end up in that car before I sell.

This GT 500 checks all the boxes for me, especially being able to run mid 10's off the showroom floor(never going see a "track" ). The DCT is definitely a bonus as never had a car with one, and is another thing that will set it apart from my "home made" versions( May be I can figure a way out to keep them).

It will be tough giving up 2000 whp(both cars combined) for 750 at the crank but nothing like OEM feel and reliability as long as I can resist the urge to "pulley down" -definitely would not touch/swap the blower for a whipple as I plan to try and hold unto my 18 GT which already has a whipple, as a daily driver...ā€¦.. alternatively I may just sell ALL (I have now) and get a 911 turbo-
ā€¦ā€¦.. and have just the ONE car I can drive all seasons/run mid 10's on the occasional visit to the strip... and will definitely be too scared/costly to try and mod so I will be saving some $$$.
Its getting old having cars that can only be enjoyed 6 maybe 7 months out of the year:thumbsdown:

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I will be getting one, but it will be Fall 2020 After the Hoopla has died down and I can get one for MSRP or 5k over

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Yep, I was talking with someone who's ITK with east coast (of Florida) dealers, and they heard the same thing - which was my guess as the details for this car started to emerge. I suspect a majority of the cars from the 1st year, maybe even 2nd year go for $100K or more (of course, I'm also assuming something about the MSRP and package prices ...)
$ 100K for a Mustang. We indeed live in strange times. :crazy:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I was driving through the neighbourhood this morning and now V6 Man is the last Mustang left standing...

The other one was this GT that is now replaced by a new Honda. The previous turn coat now has a Maserati Ghibli so I canā€™t criticize too much for that one. The yellow GT only has people movers in the two driveways.

So I am it. Passed 20 years driving Mustangs and three new Mustangs. In fact every new car has been a Mustang. Like some guys here I can now count my driving years with Mustangs in decades now!

Anyway, when I saw the first promo video I actually laughed seeing the car on some back road all by itself. Who are we kidding! A GT350 makes perfect sense for that. This car is all about the street and intimidation! This is an ā€œin your faceā€ street racer - snakes and all - I love it!

I was always a street racer from the first time I drove my first 5.0 off the lot to this grey haired old fart doing it in a V6. I was going to get a Vette but I am actually seriously thinking about this car. I know the dealer near me who will bring these in and like the other GT350s when the first go the ADM will go if you can buy one cash on the spot. So the V6 stays as the DD and Mustang number 4 is this over the top Shelby meant for the same thing: street racing! This is the first Shelby that I ever connected to. I even like the way they styled it! So Iā€™m keeping an eye on the first real reviews and owner experiences. If those are solid I may end up with one in the garage.

Nobody is more surprised about this than me!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
How many people would like to have this car versus how many people are actually getting this car. I'll be the first to tell you I would love to have this car. I'll also be the first to tell you I won't be getting this car because I can't afford it. If I come into some money somehow then I'll revisit the situation.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
How many people would like to have this car versus how many people are actually getting this car. I'll be the first to tell you I would love to have this car. I'll also be the first to tell you I won't be getting this car because I can't afford it. If I come into some money somehow then I'll revisit the situation.

If you are near retirement looking for your dream car - these are the guys who will take the plunge. I find the question funny as the car is not so much a replacement for a run-of-the-mill car. Maybe a GT350 but I actually think the two cars have different personalities. Iā€™m not replacing anything but I had.to pick so I picked replace with reservations.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
If you are near retirement looking for your dream car - these are the guys who will take the plunge. I find the question funny as the car is not so much a replacement for a run-of-the-mill car. Maybe a GT350 but I actually think the two cars have different personalities. Iā€™m not replacing anything but I had.to pick so I picked replace with reservations.
It'd be nice to retire and travel the world but that ain't happening anytime soon. I'm in my late 20s. I have decades more of work to look forward too! :frown:

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
It'd be nice to retire and travel the world but that ain't happening anytime soon. I'm in my late 20s. I have decades more of work to look forward too! :frown:

Buddy, every old fart here would give anything to get back to their 20s and have another go at it. A car is just a car. You have it all right now. Chase some tail and have some fun. Nothing lasts forever...

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Seems like a majority of folks are not interested in the GT500... I'm not surprised, I was disappointed in the reveal.

I never considered trading in my R for one (no manual), but I could potentially see making it my new daily driver and retiring the Sublime Hellcat. I'd have to have Grabber Lime though.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
After the 2016 Tech fiasco, I swore off ANY first year model run of ANY vehicle. (Please donā€™t make the ā€˜15 GT350 argument :like:)

Others can be the guinea pigs..

Last edited:

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I'm in, but I'm going to let the smoke clear first. Will trade my older GT500 for it.

OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It will sit nicely with your whippled GT 350 :handsinair:

I also want one to pair with mine but I am happy to wait until I can get one without ADM though. I will definitely need to thin the herd before then and will probably have to get rid of my "home made" GT 500's first-

Sleeved 5.2 with GT 350 heads in auto Hellion TT car is being "down graded" to a sleeved 5.0/GT heads in preparation to sell after breaking the 5.2 motor(hoping the 5.2 motor can be rebuilt )
The heads on the 5.2 in the 6 speed(Tremec)3.2 KB car have already been down graded to GT heads after GT 350 heads were being lifted under boost (also found some scoring in the cam journals I hope can be fixed). I do have another sleeved 5.2 block with GT 350 heads/spec cams/phasers/lifters that may end up in that car before I sell.

This GT 500 checks all the boxes for me, especially being able to run mid 10's off the showroom floor(never going see a "track" ). The DCT is definitely a bonus as never had a car with one, and is another thing that will set it apart from my "home made" versions( May be I can figure a way out to keep them).

It will be tough giving up 2000 whp(both cars combined) for 750 at the crank but nothing like OEM feel and reliability as long as I can resist the urge to "pulley down" -definitely would not touch/swap the blower for a whipple as I plan to try and hold unto my 18 GT which already has a whipple, as a daily driver...ā€¦.. alternatively I may just sell ALL (I have now) and get a 911 turbo-
ā€¦ā€¦.. and have just the ONE car I can drive all seasons/run mid 10's on the occasional visit to the strip... and will definitely be too scared/costly to try and mod so I will be saving some $$$.
Its getting old having cars that can only be enjoyed 6 maybe 7 months out of the year:thumbsdown:
911 turbo sounds awesome! LOL
Sponsored