roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Chevy will sell you 755 / 715 with a Tremec manual. I doubt the GT500 will be making that much torque.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/corvette-zr1-supercar

LT5 supercharged V8 engine with 755-hp and 715 lb. ft. of torque

7-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching
Standard
I know right, leave it to Chevy to sell their best performer as a crate engine. Maybe that means the new mid-engine vette engine is way more special. I would love to have the LT5 in an old chevy pickup.

Here is the motor ready to drop in.

https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19417105.html

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You'll win any race with the dct. Straight line or road course. Quicker and faster is just semantics.
It may take some time for DCT tuning to get where the automatics are as far as launching is concerned. As I understand it, launching gets more critical as ETs fall.

Norm

Aliaszero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Ford could have offered an "entry level" GT500 with the Tremec manual, priced around the MSRP of the ZL1. Offering the DCT as an option.
you still don't know the pricing of the car. So you can't say "Could have" to anything. it might possibly be $70k starting out.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
When was the last time you saw a Demon or a Hellcat on a road course? That would be hilarious and an absolute embarrassment to the Mopar execs and enthusiasts,

:wink:
Not sure what suspension mods he had other than big sticky tires, but I saw a Hellcat at HPT a couple months ago that was holding his own against some pretty decent "track" cars. It certainly was no embarrassment.

Aliaszero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Not sure what suspension mods he had other than big sticky tires, but I saw a Hellcat at HPT a couple months ago that was holding his own against some pretty decent "track" cars. It certainly was no embarrassment.
sounds like people couldn't drive their "track cars." no 4,400 pound straight line car should be able to compete. Of course the entire statement itself is full of things that are perception. "Track cars" and "holding your own" could be many things. In the motor trend Head 2 head series against a wide body hellcat the ZL1 ran the course over 6 seconds quicker and the figure 8 times were so far apart that they said it'd be embarassing to the hellcat to post the times. Everyone knows the hellcat can't turn. It's not even a question to consider that the GT500 will embarrass them on the road course. Anyways. Who the fuck cares if the zl1 is one second faster around any road course? Its one fucking second. One wide turn and you narrow the gap. One experienced driver against an inexperienced one and its even. Get in the car, enjoy your 700+ horsepower and 7 speed dual clutch and have some fun and quit worrying about what magazine says who is fast.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Don’t be crazy now. You’re gunning for 10.2!

Either way, if it does 10.8, it’s Incredibly fast. I mean it’s like only a car length ahead of a GT3RS. That’s amazing!
Thats if it has 800HP, which suffice to say, I'm afraid its only going to have in the 730's range after doing some reading.
I'm thinking the 10.8's at 133 may be hero runs already to tell you the truth.
Oh well, you win this gentleman's bet captain! I admit, I was thinking this would have more in it.
I'm only a buyer at 750+. That may sound superficial, but I'd probably just be trading it in on the high HP mid engine vette anyway. May as well save my $ , Minus $1. of course LOL

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Thats if it has 800HP, which suffice to say, I'm afraid its only going to have in the 730's range after doing some reading.

I'm thinking the 10.8's at 133 may be hero runs already to tell you the truth.

Oh well, you win this gentleman's bet captain! I admit, I was thinking this would have more in it.

I'm only a buyer at 750+. That may sound superficial, but I'd probably just be trading it in on the high HP mid engine vette anyway. May as well save my $ , Minus $1. of course LOL
Even "if" it had 800HP, it still wouldn't run 10.2

If it had 1,000HP it still wouldn't run under 10.2. Do you realize all the mods Dodge had to put into the Demon to handle that 840HP and get the suspension correct?

720, 750, 799, won't make any difference. This car will run 10.6 to 10.8 when it hits the track.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Even "if" it had 800HP, it still wouldn't run 10.2

If it had 1,000HP it still wouldn't run under 10.2. Do you realize all the mods Dodge had to put into the Demon to handle that 840HP and get the suspension correct?

720, 750, 799, won't make any difference. This car will run 10.6 to 10.8 when it hits the track.

I have a hard time believing the GT500 runs 10.6 on street tires. Negative DA under sea level I can see a 10.9

A bone stock Hellcat A8 runs 10.8 on drag radials, a Red Eye on DR's has run 10.5

I haven't read all the responses, but I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Look how long Ford has been talking about a GT500. They weren't going to release the car when the Demon came out (no chance at beating it in the 1320) and they weren't ready to face a ZL1 1LE on track. I'm hoping the GT500 comes out and is a road course track monster so it fuels the HP wars:

From what has been reported, Chevy is already testing a ZL1 with the LT5 - for the new Z28.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
In the motor trend Head 2 head series against a wide body hellcat the ZL1 ran the course over 6 seconds quicker and the figure 8 times were so far apart that they said it'd be embarassing to the hellcat to post the times......quit worrying about what magazine says who is fast.
That's pretty funny right there!

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
I have a hard time believing the GT500 runs 10.6 on street tires. Negative DA under sea level I can see a 10.9

A bone stock Hellcat A8 runs 10.8 on drag radials, a Red Eye on DR's has run 10.5

I haven't read all the responses, but I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Look how long Ford has been talking about a GT500. They weren't going to release the car when the Demon came out (no chance at beating it in the 1320) and they weren't ready to face a ZL1 1LE on track. I'm hoping the GT500 comes out and is a road course track monster so it fuels the HP wars:

From what has been reported, Chevy is already testing a ZL1 with the LT5 - for the new Z28.

I meant 10.6 to 10.8 at best. This car is set-up for a road course, not 1320.

1320 is a completely different animal. Same way the Demon can't TURN, lol. It runs 1320 feet, FAST!

I've seen plenty of bone-stock Demons run under 10.5.

GM has told both Camaro and Corvette departments that anything goes, incl using any engine GM makes. At some point, they will drop the LT5 (755HP) into the ZL1.

Traction is a bitch for almost any RWD car once you get over 600HP.

I see plenty of Hellcats lose to much lower HP cars like the Mustang and the Camaro cause they spin their tires halfway down the track.

This GT will be a cool looking street car with 720HP+ that will compete, but maybe not beat the ZL1. But the Camaro looks like crap.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
That was not the quote.

Corrected. "Venom Kills Demons" which was a damn stupid statement to make.

The executive who said that was so defensive when YouTube car guys kept asking him that question.

Aliaszero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
That's pretty funny right there!
it's only funny to you because you can't understand that we don't need magazine times to know the hellcat can't compete with a ZL1 or Gt500 on a road course. I was just using it as proof of the opinion that hellcats are slow on a road course. It weighs 600 pounds more than a ZL1 and only has a 57 horsepower advantage. That's all anyone who actually gets on a road course with a car needs to know.
Sponsored