zhent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've had it installed for a couple of weeks now, so finally feel like I can share my thoughts and observations on this new piece.

The first thing I noticed about it is that it arrive really well packed and is a serious piece of art. Every part is top notch and every weld is beautify and perfectly done. Since the company is just getting started on these I did make a suggestionsto them on placement of the upper O2 bung and am told they'll be moving it for future versions. It's great when a company take consumer feedback seriously! (It's a little close to the stud location and can make clearance on installation tricky. They'll rotate it a couple of degrees on future versions for better clearance.)

46362369762_57e517ed70_b.jpg

I did the installation myself on my driveway with jack stands, a hydraulic jack, and hand tools. As mentioned above, clearances can be tight, so expect to spend some time, and make sure the gasket is aligned properly on the studs (I pinched mine on the first try). All of the mounting points are perfectly aligned, and the hardware and clamps included with the pipe are great. I run the Steeda lower K brace and I'd heard that there can be clearance issues with some of the downpipes, but didn't find any issue with this one from CVF.

I had already changed the cat-back, but here's a startup sound clip showing before and after the downpipe. If you listen closely the turbo whine is more apparent after the install.

After install There were no Check Engine lights even without a re-tune, though I have since has Adam adjust my tune for it. Spool up is super fast! I think this downpipe is a great bargain for the price and recommend it to anyone looking to do a catted performance downpipe to comply with local emissions regulations.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Good review thank you for posting