Motorcraft Oil Pricing

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have been pricing oil for the 2019 Mustang GT online and locally. My dealership is offering to change my oil with 10 quarts of Motorcraft Full Synthetic plus a filter for $88.00 USD. Not too bad

Searching online, I found the following site from Ford:
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/fluids-chemicals-and-lubricants/motor-oils

Motorcraft Full Synthetic MSRP is $8.09 per quart.

Looking at American Muscle, they list it for $13.85 per quart!!! Not even close to competitive. So, I chatted with them and asked for them to look into it. "I can't do anything, sorry..." Ugh.... I clearly stated that they need to look into the matter. Pass it up the chain to someone who can correct the obvious mistake.

Has anyone here found good pricing on either Motorcraft Synthetic Blend or Full Synthetic? Especially in the 5-quart jugs. So far the best pricing I can get isat Ryder Fleet: $4.40 / quart , but I have to order a case of 12 at a time. Shipping is only $7.95, so the price per quart is 5.32 Per for the Synthetic Blend.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
For $12.85 a quart you can buy Amsoil sig series. DAG!

$88 for a full 10qt oil change with filter all motorcaft? make sure they are including the filter replacement and all disposal fees. We bought my wife a Nissan once.....only once (Johnny Dangerously reference). They would send deals on oil changes for some stupid low price but it wold not include the oil filter or disposal fees. So be cautious. That's a hard deal to beat if it includes the motorcraft filter and sure beats rolling around in the driveway on your back in January.

OP
OP
sZedely

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah I was trying to stick to using Ford's oil just for warranty sakes. I know that it shouldn't matter as long as the oil meets spec..
I haven't used Amsoil before, but everyone that I know that has used it, loves it. I may try it out since this would be the first car that I've had to be worthy of it. I'll have to price it out...

Deleted member 35786

Head over to Walmart and pick up Castrol Edge Extended Performance oil.
You can’t beat the price and it’s a group IV base stock.
Walmart also has your motorcraft semi-synth oil as well...

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Does the engine call for full synthetic?

Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I have been pricing oil for the 2019 Mustang GT online and locally. My dealership is offering to change my oil with 10 quarts of Motorcraft Full Synthetic plus a filter for $88.00 USD. Not too bad

Looking at American Muscle, they list it for $13.85 per quart!!! Not even close to competitive. So, I chatted with them and asked for them to look into it. "I can't do anything, sorry..." Ugh.... I clearly stated that they need to look into the matter. Pass it up the chain to someone who can correct the obvious mistake.

Has anyone here found good pricing on either Motorcraft Synthetic Blend or Full Synthetic? Especially in the 5-quart jugs. So far the best pricing I can get isat Ryder Fleet: $4.40 / quart , but I have to order a case of 12 at a time. Shipping is only $7.95, so the price per quart is 5.32 Per for the Synthetic Blend.
Check out
K-mansparts.com
I buy the Motorcraft full synthetic 5W-20 kit, 8 qts and filter for $52.99 plus shipping which was $20 for me. Pretty fair price for being shipped to my door.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I just out amsoil signature series in my eco, so far I'm loving it. Idk how but the thunk from shifting from drive to reverse or vice versa is nearly gone.

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Motorcraft synthetic blend 5qt jugs are $19 each @ Walmart. Picked up 2 this weekend and just did an oil change tonight.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check out
K-mansparts.com
I buy the Motorcraft full synthetic 5W-20 kit, 8 qts and filter for $52.99 plus shipping which was $20 for me. Pretty fair price for being shipped to my door.
So you’re essentially paying $72.99, excluding the time/labor you will perform to doing the actual oil change. As opposed to having a Ford shop do it for $88 (as comparison noted in this thread)?

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a DIYer as well and have been changing oil on our vehicles for years... but when the difference between trying to do an oil change on a new car in the dead of winter (even with a garage) or in the heat of summer (again with a garage), and the time it takes to ramp the car, remove the pan, do the oil filter and oil R&R... cleanup, etc....

I have Ford do my oil changes for the nearly $6.00 delta, while I sit in my clean clothes, in their warm or a/c waiting room drinking their coffee, eating their snacks and watching their TV... lol

Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Does it hurt to go from 0w-20 full synthetic to 5w-20 motorcraft?

Deleted member 35786

Does it hurt to go from 0w-20 full synthetic to 5w-20 motorcraft?
The W actually stands for "winter" but basically means "viscosity when cold." So 10W-40 oil acts like SAE 10 oil when it's cold, but acts like SAE 40 oil when it's hot.0W-20 oil acts like SAE 0 oil when it's cold, but acts like SAE 20 oil when it's hot. Motor oil.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
The W actually stands for "winter" but basically means "viscosity when cold." So 10W-40 oil acts like SAE 10 oil when it's cold, but acts like SAE 40 oil when it's hot.0W-20 oil acts like SAE 0 oil when it's cold, but acts like SAE 20 oil when it's hot. Motor oil.
Makes sense. Thanks! I ask because I have a good service coupon with Ford I’d like to use. Currently running 0w-20 Mobil 1 synthetic.
Sponsored