Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
If you would like to do a "New Year" group buy, which Steeda item would you like us to offer as a GB?

First item to get to 5 "I'm in"s will be the winner and we can sort out the offer.....

(T&Cs may apply blah blah!)

Let me know!
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i'd be interested in some bonnet struts just about the only thing left to do

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Just make sure its actually a good deal this time :) not like list time where it still worked out cheaper even with shipping + import duty to order the identical bits from steeda US :)

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
shame you don't do a nice looking front tower strut brace lol

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
and then what?.....

Steeda what would you propose if you got 5 potentials for Hood Struts?

Maybe declaring your proposition here, now , would persuade others to join in?

Bob

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Go back and try again this time we'd like an actual discount it works out cheaper to buy from steeda US and ship across even factoring in shipping and potential import duties. You need to drop about £20 more off for them to be cheaper.

And thats only for the steeda branded ones the ford performance onces that steeda us are selling are only $83 call it £65 quid + shipping + tax and you're still at sub £100 quid.

You need to do much better.

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
We offer great products at good prices, and endeavour to provide good service too.

That's an offer to help out people on the forum, which we don't need to make. £23 off a product is "an actual discount". If you dont want it, that's your choice. Perhaps some other members of the forum will.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
you're missing the point i guess the point is why buy from steeda uk when we can buy cheaper from steeda us for exactly the same parts you already lost out on 10x rear top mounts because it was cheaper from the states.

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The myth of buying "cheaper from the states" is usually a fallacy that relies on smuggling in parts with no customs charges on.

For example here is a CJ import to the UK of a set of Hood Struts similar in price to Steeda struts (which are the best quality on the market), but slightly cheaper by $5.

Guess what. Its significantly MORE expensive than buying from Steeda UK at our normal price. And with the offer, its a lot more expensive...

CJ Hood Struts.jpg

Pictures say a thousand words... So lets say you get Bank of England flat rate exchange when purchasing dollars (which no one does) then at today's $1.29 the price would be £170.86.

Take the price up to represent Steeda struts which retail at $134.95 and it becomes £174.73. Factor in a "credit card rate" of exchange and it becomes something more like £178.

Thats £20 more than our normal retail delivered price, and £43 cheaper with the above offer.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i went with the prices off the steeda.com website and shipping with stackry with full declaration of price (no customs dodging) you guys did the same with the rear shock mounts last year we ended up buying 10 sets from steeda us as not only did they give us a better discount but even with shipping etc it worked out much cheaper.

Now I assume you get a discount from the US part when buying stock so even with your margin on top you should be coming in at considerably cheaper than a 1:1 $:£ on pricing you're saying £135 in gbp for a $134 in dollar item so either you pay more than retail or you live in some weird world where the dollar is worth more than the pound.

I have nothing against steeda I have in fact quite a lot of steeda bits on my car but every single bit has come from the US with considerable savings because your a) initially over price and b) offer really crappy discounts.
Sponsored