The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Started work on swapping my ruined hubs over (bearing totally shot)

20mins per side to get the hubs off

4hours and counting to tighten the hub bolt to 251lb-ft (yes it's correct i've got the ford service manual).... bought a 6(hex) headed 35mm socket now (3/4" drive) to see if that makes it easier than a 12 spline, i'll let you know how it goes, as i can't get a torque wrench bigger than this (it's rated to 500lb-ft!)

Sponsored

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Fitted my US spec lower grille, bumper off job, never seen so many screws holding a bumper on in my 18 years in a Bodyshop :crazy:

ADDE8644-0AB2-498F-81A3-0690F8594451.jpeg
I like the new grill. How long did it take to swap over ?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
its a pig of a job and not breaking the bumper clips is sooooo difficult
There's a "knack" to it, big flathead screwdriver, in and twist it then push it, getting the first two corners out is the hardest once they're out it's a piece of cake.

I've not YET! Cracked a clip on one, i've had one get very close lol! But thankfully there's about 10 more clips than needed lol!

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I like the new grill. How long did it take to swap over ?
Took me about 45 mins in total but I did have the use of a ramp at work and air tools which made it easier, only broke one tab on the bumper thankfully while removing the old grille but it’s not seen once the new grille is fitted. Originally thought I could do it with just the belly pan off but ended up having to take the whole bumper off in the end.

Sponsored

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
I'm really tempted for this mod. The US lower grill looks way better and is cheap too. Is it a two man job, don't fancy dropping the bumper or damaging the paint.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really tempted for this mod. The US lower grill looks way better and is cheap too. Is it a two man job, don't fancy dropping the bumper or damaging the paint.
I've done a lot solo, sometimes get a hand to unplug the lights (They hold i'll unplug) but i can do it without. Just take the bumper and lie it down on carpet/cloths/towels/matress anything that's not abraisive for when you're removing the grilles.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I managed on my own but a second pair of hands is helpful for refitting the bumper as it’s quite large. Part is available at Ford dealers and is around £60.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Chris... take it to Adams place.... cheaper on the long run? And he can sell you a spoiler too! :giggle::giggle:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i did mine on my own as well as drilled and fitted the front splitter and tbh the amount of cuts/splinters/missing chunks of arm if it comes off again some fucker else is doing it.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
i did mine on my own as well as drilled and fitted the front splitter and tbh the amount of cuts/splinters/missing chunks of arm if it comes off again some fucker else is doing it.
Yeah, I didn't enjoy the amount of fiberglass splinters I got doing my splitter, imagine the cf/fg mix on the APR was the same for you lol!

Kind of used to doing car work and coming out of it looking like a tigers been at my arms

Robbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I managed on my own but a second pair of hands is helpful for refitting the bumper as it’s quite large. Part is available at Ford dealers and is around £60.
What’s the part number?