Sponsored

Precision-Turbonetics NX2 turbo EcoBoost build thread

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
I'll probably be dynoing my car when the weather gets a little better and see what my tune got me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Can anyone hear the turbo spooling, because I still can’t! Lol

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I would think that for anyone running a big turbo set up would benefit from this. Port fuel injection, meth plus more air is a win all the way around

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You can but you have to increase the flow to the intake as well, and I would definately increase the TB size I think the MAP intake does support the larger V6 TB or you can get the 70MM Ford Performance. The intake does give you more fueling options though so Aux fuel is more possible, but you are doubling your cost over just getting a Aux fuel rail, controller, and injectors by themselves to increase your fuel delivery. I would not go this route unless your on a built bottom end anyway, as you can reach the theoretical block limits with what you have.

We all know that fuel is the limiting factor in terms of reaching higher power levels when using pump gas. Where I live (Europe) I only have access to 100 Ron (93+ oct) pump gas. I came across this MAP Intake Manifold at another forum. Will this add any extra benefit powerwise?

https://www.maperformance.com/colle...anifold-2015-ford-ecoboost-mustang-map-ebm-im[/QUOTE

Sponsored

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thank you both. My question is, would port injection alone with pump gas (plus TB and more air) add any benefit? I am not planning to use Meth.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Port injection allows you to run straight E85 which will give you more power on this turbo.

However, that kit is the expensive way.

There are two main ways you can do it:

Port injection kit (I know Tune+ sell one, has everything you need and costs about the same as that, which also needs hoses, injectors, controller, etc. etc. etc.)

Bigger injectors and HPFP, this costs more then the port injection kit but would allow you to run E85 just on direct injection

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Can anyone hear the turbo spooling, because I still can’t! Lol
Not much to be honest, but that's fine because the car is driving pretty great. I can hear plenty of turbo flutter and the blow off valve though, I'm still on the second revision right now cause the weather won't play ball. We're looking at a snowstorm this weekend!

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Maybe the best/easiest way to add some extra power is to fit a WMI kit, such as the Snow Performance kit that Adam sells on his website:

https://adamtuned.com/collections/f...oler-methanol-injection-kit-universal-sno-210

Will this provide any significant power improvements and is this safe for the stock block combined with the right tune, so that the safety limits of the block are not exceeded? Does anyone have an idea of the power that I will be able to achieve with the kit combined with the PTE turbo?

Has anyone done this before with a drop-in turbo kit? Will I go to hell if I do this? Lol

Last edited:

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
A port injection fuel kit would be the best way to go. Not only do you get to run e85 and make the most of the turbo, you also get the added benefit if it helps keep your valve's cleaner as well.

Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the best/easiest way to add some extra power is to fit a WMI kit, such as the Snow Performance kit that Adam sells on his website:

https://adamtuned.com/collections/f...oler-methanol-injection-kit-universal-sno-210

Will this provide any significant power improvements and is this safe for the stock block combined with the right tune, so that the safety limits of the block are not exceeded? Does anyone have an idea of the power that I will be able to achieve with the kit combined with the PTE turbo?

Has anyone done this before with a drop-in turbo kit? Will I go to hell if I do this? Lol
I had an unfortunate time with my WMI kit on my big turbo, when it worked, which was super infrequent, spent about a year and a half chasing gremlins, it was fine, but I had lots of issue with the AEM kit Adam sold on his website, the kit was not cheap either at that time, I ended up scrapping the entire kit because of issues with the controllers dying, a problem with a 90 degree bend crimping one hose, and a host of ground issues and problems with the system going into false fail safe mode, the internal hose to the controller's map sensor breaking, etc. Ultimately it was just a bad luck draw.

What I can tell you is this. Make sure if you go with any WMI kit that you ground your controller and get power from the battery, do not go to the fuse box and stay away from just trying to ground it anywhere you want, if you can use an actual chassis ground you will be fine. When it works its great, helps keep your injectors life longer as it keeps injector pulses down on all 4 of em when it kicks in during high octane needs and greater timing. It is cheaper and easier to manage the methanol as well instead of hunting down an e85 station. And is as easy to shut off as a switch. However if it fails, make absolutely sure you have the fail safe wired correctly and test it at least once a tank.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
@5.0yote thanks for the advice. I will take all this into account when I install the WMI kit. My plan is to ask Adam to create a separate map slot for methanol injection so that I use it when I need it.

I will go for the Snow Performance kit that Adam sells on his website. Fingers crossed I will not have any issues with this kit. The installation will be done by a professional who has experience with WMI systems, so hopefully this will eliminate the possibility of installation issues like those described above.

Any idea of the power gains achieved with a WMI system combined with the NX2 or any other drop-in turbo?

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
@Hellman109 thanks. Yes 400-420whp is the safety limit for the stock block, so I suppose Adam will limit the power at that level. Unfortunately, as I said above, I do not have access to ethanol in my country. But I also like the WMI alternative for another reason: I can use it on a needed basis, while I am on pump gas.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP

If you don't have access to E85, WMI will allow you to squeeze more power, even with a stock turbo. I installed my previous AEM kit using the ground point mentioned in Adam's install video but ended up with random issues similar to what @5.0yote mentioned. Moving the ground to a better spot resolved the issue. I'm experimenting with Snow Stage 3 kit to see if I can maximize the use with WMI and make it suitable with a built engine and larger turbo.
Sponsored