Sponsored

Your S550's effect on your motorcycle?

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Not me!!
My Mustang sits downstairs when it's cold, hot, cloudy, raining or beautiful.
NOTHING replaces riding either of my Harleys.
I've had the Mustang going on two years; around 7000 miles. (mostly to pick up Grandson)
Besides, I just picked up a Saturn Sky to keep the Mustang company........
DSC00257.JPG
DSC00225.JPG
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ever since I was a kid I wanted a motorcycle. But really, I just wanted to go fast and have fun out on the road instead of driving beaters that were point A to point B vehicles. So about 6 years ago I bought one. An 86 700cc Intruder in pristine condition. It's been such an excellent bike!! Paid for itself several times over.

While I've only had my Mustang for two weeks as of today, I haven't really had a desire to ride the bike. And this would be the time of year I'm itching to get out and ride. It is in perfect shape, paid for, only costs $90 a year to insure, plus it used to serve as a commuter vehicle in a pinch. But again, the Mustang now gives us three cars.

Anyone run into a similar issue after buying their Mustang. A loss of interest in their motorcycle?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Very cool - I had an ‘86 Yamaha FZ750.

Sold it several years ago, but had it when I owned my old GT. I liked driving/riding both. They were both fast so it was just a matter of the weather and what the purpose of my trip was. I’d love another bike but if I do that again, it might be of the off road variety.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hitting a deer on one of my bikes back in the fall of 2009 put more of a damper on riding than buying my S550....

No car can replace the fun of a motorcycle, sorry. Compete with, yes.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I just got old. And the thought of how long it takes to heal up. Keeps me off the scooters. It seams like it’s more dangerous than ever. With everyone texting and facebooking while driving.

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Cars have come and gone but bikes will always be in the garage... Current line-up in the sig.

Sponsored

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
My life revolves around motorcycles. All combined, they see significantly more usage than then mustang.

It is not uncommon for me to go do a street ride from 8am till noon, come home, get in the mustang and do the same or similar loop..... It is also not uncommon for the mustang to sit in the garage unused for a month+ at a time while we are busy with motorcycle (street or dirt) activities.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I had a SV650S for almost a year before buying my S550. I sold it after getting the bike because I figured one nice toy at a time while I have to worry about school loans. I'll probably get back on one eventually once I finish paying off the car.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I just got old. And the thought of how long it takes to heal up. Keeps me off the scooters. It seams like it’s more dangerous than ever. With everyone texting and facebooking while driving.
Me too. Commuted by sportbike for 10yrs and rode weekends. After 140K mi or so on bikes, I sold my bikes. I had my fun. I'm glad I got out alive and I got tired of gearing up/down every place I went vs hopping in the car with shorts/t-shirt.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My thoughts exactly. I had one too many close calls and got rid of the motorcycle about 10 years ago. They are fun, but I prefer to have sheet metal around me. I get nervous enough at times even in the Mustang. On a motorcycle one mistake by myself or someone near me and I could be dead or walking with a limp the rest of my life.

Maybe if I move to a less populated area someday I'd own another one.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
yup, just got rid of my 900 XSR.
no need for a fast street bike anymore, in fact I'm getting to old for them. I traded it in on a pair of Honda monkey bikes, just for around town and light duty off road , on my acreage.
20181127_132259.jpg

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Sold my 2012 Road Glide Ultra about 2 yrs ago. I want the cruiser-version of the Goldwing (used to be the F6B, now renamed) or the big BMW.

My wife insists the Bullitt is a wonderful substitute for a motorcycle (she’s afraid of them) and I say “not so fast”. Not sure who’ll win.

25ADE460-DF5B-48F4-B181-B81402251483.jpeg
24246B92-07FB-4F94-8C89-2FD0E421A6DE.jpeg
Sponsored