Let's bring a new wheel to market: BBS FI-R

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Let me jump right into it. I went to the OC Festival of Speed this last weekend and had the opportunity to talk to BBS about the FI-R wheels. I was previously unfamiliar with these, probably because they are currently exclusive to Lamborghini, Audi, BMW, and Porsche. The development of these wheels is fascinating in itself and I'd recommend researching it. Here's some images of this gorgeous set:

After speaking with BBS about fitments, they are willing to fit these to our cars with 10 orders so I am trying to gauge interest as I would love to grab a set of these. These wheels lose no structural rigidity in their design over the track-proven FI wheels despite the weight savings. To provide an idea of what the weight would be, a 19x11.5 in Porsche fitment is 19.85 lbs. I'll start a list below of interested members. I've committed to this so we will need just nine more interested buyers. The price is $2050 per wheel, but is well worth it after having seen and interacted with them in person.

1. 5.2 liters of democracy

This is not meant to be an advertisement for BBS whatsoever, but just the potential to fit our cars with a proven forged wheel.
Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Those look nice but honestly, at that price, I’m looking for a deal on the R carbon fiber wheels.

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
For sure thy look spectacular but agree with others price is really up. Not questioning the very well job.

I was interested in the HRE S01 until I received the price....

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Wouldn't these whistle like hell at speed? Maybe I'm wrong, but they seem like they'd make some kind of noise. Definitely an awesome concept though.

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I have FI-R's on my RS5. Beautiful wheels, but this is the wrong crowd for it. Also, I didn't pay anything close to that when I was buying them (got them used). At that price, most people, on this forum, would rather get Supercharger or something similar. Plus, I really don't think BBS goes on the mustang... but that's just me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Here's the funny thing. BC Forged just released a set of wheels that is nearly identical to these at half the cost. They either JUST came up on the site, or I missed them over the last 5 or 6 times I visited the site. Looks like they just solved my problem for me.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Their beautiful and amazing and light !

Oldest wheel company in the game.

geepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 WRX STI Launch Ed, '03 SVT Cobra (RIP)
Love BBS..have forged BBS on one of my cars...but that price is crazy for a 1 pc wheel. Could understand if they were LM’s multi pc wheels (one of the best looking wheels ever IMO)
Sponsored