Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
A little piece of mind to add some comfort to your new purchase... I have an 18 purchased new back in April. The car now has a little over 10k miles with two oil changes, and a Procharger recently installed. I have never had a tick (other than injectors) maybe mine is delayed, but I am crossing my fingers that I have put enough miles on the car where the problem would have shown itself if it was present. Enjoy the car, I try to stay positive and with technology where it is now days, you will get a CEL if something is really bad off. Coming from BMW's, this BBQ tick issue is not a big worry of mine, but then again I don't have it (yet) so I am biased.
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
As one of the few that had a replacement, I'll tell you to just relax and enjoy your car. There's a lot of fussing going on and it seems it's flavor of the week between the rattle and tick. The tick has been around since the first coyote, to my understanding, and hasn't seemed to hurt things. There's outliers, but that's with every car. First engine didn't tick, second does, and I'm not about to sweat it. The problem sound was some nasty metal on metal ticking that I haven't heard on others. The problem was a badly scored camshaft and cam journal. It was noticeably down on power and would occasionally idle like poo. I'm pretty confident when I say my issue was probably unrelated to the sounds most discussed on the forums.

The rattle is up for grabs. Popular opinion is that it's either vct/timing related or piston slap. If the former, we'll eventually have a TSB with an easy fix. If the latter then there's excessive clearance when cold. It's understandable considering things can get HOT at 7400 rpms.

Best thing you can do, if you're worried, is to watch that oil temp gauge and make sure everything is nice and warm before you give it some love.

OP
OP
Black Stang

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
10 - 4 thanks guys ...i feel a little better... going to enjoy but with ears open for awhile. What is normal oil pressure on the 5.0's BTW

MKMotorsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Convertible
I'd only worry if it STOPS rattling. Then you know for sure its toast :crackup:

Just kidding, nice car. Drive and enjoy.

OP
OP
Black Stang

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thx bud

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@ Black Stang you have it so just drive it lots and enjoy it. If it gets the tick/rattle 1. you have warranty and Ford has been very good it appears about providing replacement engines and 2. if you can't live with it sell it.

Don't hold your breath for Ford to acknowledge anything, they haven't with this despite replacing engines (similar to their behaviour in relation to the 15-17 a/c evap issue and the oil cooler issue for RHD cars for which they also replace engines willingly).

OP
OP
Black Stang

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
10-4 Thx....defiantly not modding for now except for exhaust (H Pipe)
Sponsored