Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Set up is below.
Regrets? That I haven't built a motor and gotten a glide yet lmao
Drove mine from Houston to Dallas last weekend. Ran my new PB. Then drove back to Houston from Dallas.
Perfectly streetable!
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Zero Regrets here. Well, to be fair the only car that I've owned that hasn't been boosted is my daily Accord.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
The only thing I regret is not doing it sooner

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
No regrets here. NA is so boring.

Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
No regrets so far. But coming from a trailered track car. That crap gets old. Crawling over a roll bar. Checking plugs after each pass. Etc. I just wanted a fast street car. I don't entend to make much more that mid 700s. And run some where around 9.9-10.1s. So this car is perfect with the centri. Putz around town like stock. But I can still drive it to the track and run a quick time. But without changing tires. While sitting in my heated & cooled leather seats. And listening to my 12 speaker sound system. Yea I dont miss that kirkey seat at all!

^this. I live in NC and drove my shit down to Florida. Made a ton of passes at a half mile event ( 165mph) and drove back. all on E85. Zero issues!

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
no regerts

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Can only speak to mine which was a PP and came boosted when I bought it (Whipple S2). Do not get boosted with 3.73s if you want any traction down low. It was fun but gunning it off the line, you were all over the place and quickly ran out of gear. At a roll or freeway speeds was awesome. My gas mpg was really crappy (13mpg avg) and the car was basically too fast for the streets IMO. Always driving part throttle. I personally would not spend the $$ to do it myself. I just got a great deal on the car used and it was like $2K more than a similar GT. I actually enjoy driving my base GT as it easier to live with on the streets
Hey guys.

Ok, been on here awhile and have been close to buying and still am. BUT, my wife’s voice keeps telling me “remember last time” in reference to street ability. Background - my last fox body I went a little too far perhaps with a cage and motor and blower etc. FAST car, but became too track for the street. Wasn’t as enjoyable as it was when it was only half track if you know what I mean.

On with it. Has the FI taken any of the street ability away? Do you have to think twice about taking it on long drives or driving in weather? Are you worried about breaking or problems?

Honestly, my fear is going too far...

Any regrets in the type of FI you went with?

She thinks I should buy a nice boat lol...

Thanks!

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
So OP...I think it's pretty clear. Go FI and don't look back. You won't be able to look back anyway because everything will disappear very quickly behind you :rockon:

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys.

Ok, been on here awhile and have been close to buying and still am. BUT, my wife’s voice keeps telling me “remember last time” in reference to street ability. Background - my last fox body I went a little too far perhaps with a cage and motor and blower etc. FAST car, but became too track for the street. Wasn’t as enjoyable as it was when it was only half track if you know what I mean.

On with it. Has the FI taken any of the street ability away? Do you have to think twice about taking it on long drives or driving in weather? Are you worried about breaking or problems?

Honestly, my fear is going too far...

Any regrets in the type of FI you went with?

She thinks I should buy a nice boat lol...

Thanks!
The last 3 Mustang's prior to my current '18 GT I installed Vortech blowers on them, I chose Vortech for it's progressive boost style. Normal driving was exactly as you would expect a daily driver to be, stab the throttle and it became a car that typically ran about 1.5 seconds faster than it was stock. If you don't push the mods too far you keep daily drive ability. I haven't regretted any of them and when I get the chance my new car will get boost as well.

If you buy a boat, you and I both know the mods start all over again! :crazy:

Sponsored

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 GMC Sierra, 2015 Maserati Ghibli
I have no complaints about my Whipple setup. It drives almost like stock, except it makes 750+ whp. The clutch I use has a little shudder when taking off from a stop light, but its not really a big deal. It is a more streetable setup than my 580whp Z06 was.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Nope. Mines not a daily, 4000 miles on a '15 but they were fun miles. I wondered if I could stop and I did at around 700 RWHP. Fun car for just cruising around and fairly quick when I want it to be.

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
‘15 Procharger stage 2 here and absolutely no ragrets. As streetable as you can get. 650whp and drives like stock when I’ve not got my foot in it. Did blow the clutch not long after I installed it but replaced with a Mantic 9000 and it feels almost exactly like stock. Not only that but I chose the Procharger as it was the easiest install and I’d never done anything quite as involved on the car before so it provided a great learning experience.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
No reason you will lose any streetability when going with a reputable FI and tune. Car will drive like stock until you push the pedal down.

Things breaking is always a possibility though. I've been through 4 transmission repairs and have had various other small repairs needed. Unfortunately I can no longer look at my car as reliable after all of that and do hesitate to take it on long road trips, even though I used to constantly before the issues. I am defintiely a little bit of an oddity not the norm though. However you should be prepared for powertrain failures when going FI, even if at moderate levels it is a possibility.

All that being said, I still don't regret it. FI is so much fun and really puts the car on another level. N/A is boring after feeling an FI car.

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
Only regret you will have is that after going FI on one car, you’re gonna wanna do it to every car you own from now on.
Sponsored