2018 Raptor
So... no mention of a price? Lame.
Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
How much horsepower does the ford NASCAR have? Jim (was that his name?) said it would have as much horsepower as the nascar engine but street legal. His words.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Final impressions watching the reveal...
*certainly a face only a mother can love. Triple stacked splitter, oversized emblems, black bumper bar
*greatly disappointed the "vents" beside the headlight are completely filled in. What was the point?
*Why no vents behind the front wheels like the GT350?
*Hood pins are certainly intriguing, and that MASSIVE hood vent makes my pants tight
*Brakes are absolutely MASSIVE... I was weary of 20" wheels, but after seeing how tight the brakes are fit in there, I'm certain the car needs them
*Love the 2-tone leather trimmed seats... I remember the GT350R had similar seats when it was debuted in Detroit, but AFAIK they never made it to production. Let's hope that isn't the case here
*WTF is that center console?! It looks like a pre-production piece! Electronic e-brake is also a disappointment. Couldn't they at least come up with something a bit classier? Maybe a gradual incline to the center waterfall, raised "gear mode" buttons, trimmed in leather and exposed aluminum/carbon fiber... something that looks like it belongs in an $80k+ car!
*The wing... OH MY GOD, THE WING! I absolutely can't wait to see these come available in the aftermarket so I can get one on my car. Here's to hoping they aren't outrageously priced

Overall, underwhelmed. Hope the final specs can make up for it, or like I said before, that we see an R model get released this summer!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Final impressions watching the reveal...
*certainly a face only a mother can love. Triple stacked splitter, oversized emblems, black bumper bar
*greatly disappointed the "vents" beside the headlight are completely filled in. What was the point?
*Why no vents behind the front wheels like the GT350?
*Hood pins are certainly intriguing, and that MASSIVE hood vent makes my pants tight
*Brakes are absolutely MASSIVE... I was weary of 20" wheels, but after seeing how tight the brakes are fit in there, I'm certain the car needs them
*Love the 2-tone leather trimmed seats... I remember the GT350R had similar seats when it was debuted in Detroit, but AFAIK they never made it to production. Let's hope that isn't the case here
*WTF is that center console?! It looks like a pre-production piece! Electronic e-brake is also a disappointment. Couldn't they at least come up with something a bit classier? Maybe a gradual incline to the center waterfall, raised "gear mode" buttons, trimmed in leather and exposed aluminum/carbon fiber... something that looks like it belongs in an $80k+ car!
*The wing... OH MY GOD, THE WING! I absolutely can't wait to see these come available in the aftermarket so I can get one on my car. Here's to hoping they aren't outrageously priced

Overall, underwhelmed. Hope the final specs can make up for it, or like I said before, that we see an R model get released this summer!

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Nascar is capped at 750

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
5 years late and Dodges Marketing department still OWNS everyone.

Other than the DCT trans not impressed at all.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Hood looks great. Front end is awful. I wonder if the 350 front bumper cover bolts up.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Unlike others I think the Front End is great. I will have to see a painted center bar to see which way i would lean. However the side and the rear are just.....plain.....plain mustang.... Aside from the huge spoiler the side and rear get a C- grade to me. Still interested in hp/tq numbers and $$$ numbers.

I have only seen 1 wing during the reveal and current release pics. Is this the track pack wing only?

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Glad to see the original headlights still in use..would have done the same for rear taillights(would have complimented the wing better)..I would've also gone with a fender heat extractor different from the gt350..went with unique analog guages still kept an auto shifter of some sort other than a dial..

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
A couple interesting (and disappointing) notes in this article by Road and Track:
Cool-
"According to Ford, that wing gives the GT500 more rear downforce than the outrageous Ford GT"
"Handling Package brings adjustable strut top mounts"
Disappointing-
"Per Ford, there will not be a GT500R"
"Row-your-own fans, you might want to take a seat. The GT500 won’t be offered with a manual transmission."

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sh...mustang-shelby-gt500-2020-photos-price-specs/

Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
1) I love how the most noise comes from guys who have never owned and never will own a GT 500
2) It is not a "DCT knob". It is a drive mode control knob. Some of the photos i have seen, it isn't even a drive mode selector, it is a gear the gear selector with Park, Drive, Neutral etc. on it. At any rate, My C7 and my RCF had the SAME KNOB...they did not have DCT
3) Something not mentioned here is the removable water pan under the hood vents where you drive around with the pan in...but remove it for track day (cool).
4) I actually just saw a picture with the vents completely but hood still down.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I so hate an automatic shift sound on this car... ugh. Where’s the manual?

Grabber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Mach1 Q code , 1971 Boss 351, 2014 Taurus SHO
Love it, great job Ford! The Mustang Gt gets 11:8 with the slower shifting 10 speed and 460 hp, can't wait to see what 700 + hp and the very quick DCT 7 speed does.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Doubt it. The numbers will likely come later.
As I thought, the numbers will come later. This has always been the case when a new performance trim has been released. Reveal the overall concept and closer to production, provide the finalized “official” numbers.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Disappointing-

"Per Ford, there will not be a GT500R"
It's just a different approach, the "R" will be the carbon track package, it just won't be a discrete model variant. I mean, outside of the collectability, isn't a 350R just a 350 + upgraded/different components anyway?
Sponsored