Sponsored

Official 2020 GT500 brochure!

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
I'm talking about the "carbon fiber for everyone" bottleneck. If they stockpiled the parts for this long, the nsa and cia could learn a lot about keeping secrets from this endeavor.

Unless ford found new manufacturers, how's that going to work?
Keep in mind there was confusion with the 2019 GT350 brochure as people were thinking that the carbon fiber wheel option would be available on the regular 350’s and not just the R..
Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Keep in mind there was confusion with the 2019 GT350 brochure as people were thinking that the carbon fiber wheel option would be available on the regular 350’s and not just the R..
But it wasn’t worded like this. This really does look like an option. Maybe they will tell us tomorrow

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I actually do not have a issue with a DCT option only, and all of my performance cars been manual, including my 65. But with the performance of a DCT, I do not think its a bad way to go.
Agreed, modern performance cars are moving to DCT, they will sell all that they choose to make.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well it is what it is. Carbon fiber for everyone!

I'm just hoping that the horsepower to weight ratio is something that is acceptable.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You know the more I think about it, it's just a teaser for the NAIAS. Give it the attention for what it's worth. It's a pamphlet.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
If this car weighs 4200 pounds, they can keep it unless they are pulling out some GTR magic.
It comes into perspective now. The GTR is 400lbs lighter with an amazing awd system.

This vehicle is not that.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Yes let’s hope..the 7 speed DCT is amazing, however ford is making a mistake if they don’t offer a manual
Different mission than the GT350. I'm stoked they picked the one that offered the highest level of performance and did their best to reduce costs by mandating it across the board.

ADM's are inevitable. Unless there has been a breakthrough in carbon fiber manufacturing technology, there is going to be a problem. The bottleneck producing the GT350R was the carbon fiber wheels. Now here we are and anybody can just simply check a (tracktpack) box? That ain't going to work unless Ford found a new supplier.
I posted it elsewhere. CR received millions in stipends, etc, from the Australian government for expansion. Even if the CF Track Pack option is 50% of the GT500 orders, and we use a generic 8,000 unit production number, that is 16,000 wheels. CR shouldn't be unable to meet that demand.

I know ford has pumped a lot of money into carbon revolution. Hopefully they’ve increased their manufacturing capability.
They have.

But it wasn’t worded like this. This really does look like an option. Maybe they will tell us tomorrow
They listened. At this point, it looks like the rape at the dealer level for any type of "R" version will now be built in to the standard GT500 rape process. I laud Ford for allowing the simple check of an option box and not a separate model to avoid what we saw with the GT350R. Now it is simply a matter of negotiating for a GT500 as opposed to the additional strain when trying to secure an R allocation.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I posted it elsewhere. CR received millions in stipends, etc, from the Australian government for expansion. Even if the CF Track Pack option is 50% of the GT500 orders, and we use a generic 8,000 unit production number, that is 16,000 wheels. CR shouldn't be unable to meet that demand
They were unable to complete 900 sets of cf wheels per year after the so called big cash infusion. What's different now?

Get ready for those aftermarket parts I guess.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I said, I've posted on it elsewhere here at 6G. There have been "numerous" cash infusions at CR. The timing of which, looks to be after what you are referring to.

Here's an example. And while they won't ramp up instantly, they are already increasing production.

Backed by the Victorian Government, the expansion will triple the company’s existing workforce and increase its production capacity from 10,000 to more than 150,000 wheels a year.
http://www.australianmanufacturing....expansion-to-generate-500-new-jobs-in-geelong

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Tremec 7 speed DCT. Does anyone know what current production vehicles, if any, it is currently In?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More of what we will hear tomorrow...

Whoops. Gotta wait a few more hours.
:)

Last edited:

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
That looks great! Dual clutch is interesting and should open it up to more people too.
Sponsored