Sponsored

Wives & 'Stangs

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Bit of a friction point around Casa de Muligan.... great woman, but questionable taste in cars. In all seriousness, her '67 Camaro with 396 4-speed is all old-school and a handful to drive, but she'll never part with it.

IMG_20151010_143639231_zpsmauhdnfo.jpg
Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I’ve owned a sporty car ever since meeting my wife, back then was 1978 Trans Am. Sold it about a year after meeting her to purchase a 1989 Trans Am GTA that she even chipped in to help buy. When I was turning 40, I was jonesing for a convertible, so she correctly convinced me to sell my 89 Trans Am and buy a BMW convertible. 5 years later, I was starting to miss owning a “muscle” car, so to my surprise she agreed I just buy a new Mustang that I had been looking at online in dealer inventories with 1 condition, we don’t sell the BMW.

She doesn’t care too much about the Mustang, she far prefers “her” BMW and has never driven either one, even though she can drive manual no problem. She has been hit in every other car we’ve owned, so she’s paranoid about it.

Her and our daughter have named the Mustang, Musty...not a great name, because they both don’t care too much about it.

Wife is a keeper for life, car is for now

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Her and our daughter have named the Mustang, Musty...not a great name...
Haha! The local university is the Mustangs... and the mascot is called (wait for it) “Musty”.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
In the past the wife and I agreed on vehicle purchases, but then she started to con her way into getting the new vehicle and stick me with her leftovers. I had an 07 F150 FX4 that was lifted with 35's and I got tired of feeding it at the pump, it got about 9 mpg after the lift. So I wanted to trade it in for some thing a little smaller with better mileage. The wife got involved and we ended up with a 2012 focus in yellow blaze metallic, ugly color on an ugly car. And stuck me with her 11 fusion SEL, fast forward to Jan of 13 and I was looking to trade the fusion for a 13 fusion titanium until she got wind of it and we ended up with a 13 escape titanium that she took and stuck me with the ugly ass focus. I lasted till november of 13 before I had enough of that ugly ass shoebox so I traded it for a 13 F150 FX4 supercrew. I drove that until the lease was up in Feb of 17 when I got the mustang. That's when the resentment started, I think she is more mad at the fact that I didn't consult her before I purchased it. I finally had to tell her, that I didn't tell her because she would have said no and to stop bitching about it because I'm the one who pays the car payments, even hers. She only works because she is a bored housewife and the kids are grown and gone so she had nothing to do all day but sit around and eat bon-bons. I used to call her Peg as in Peg Bundy just to piss her off. Oh and my insurance actually went down when I got the mustang. Now fast forward to three weeks ago when I got the new explorer for me and now she is mad again because she always wanted another explorer ever since we traded hers in back in 08

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
mine doesn't care and doesn't even want to drive it...doesn't even want to learn manual on it and pretty much doesn't even like riding in it. she much rather be in her highlander.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
mine doesn't care and doesn't even want to drive it...doesn't even want to learn manual on it and pretty much doesn't even like riding in it. she much rather be in her highlander.
Haha! That’s pretty much exactly what it’s like around here... including the wife’s Highlander.

Although she will ride the Bullitt.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL

Janstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2001 Turbocharged Mustang Cobra, 2018 EB
Taught the wife how to drive a manual 24 years ago.. When shopping for a new Mustang this last summer she insisted on it having a manual. She actually drives the 18 more than I do. Nicknames for the Mustangs--drag car 2001 Cobra is the "Mistress", the ecobooost is "Lil HO..

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Bit of a friction point around Casa de Muligan.... great woman, but questionable taste in cars. In all seriousness, her '67 Camaro with 396 4-speed is all old-school and a handful to drive, but she'll never part with it.

IMG_20151010_143639231_zpsmauhdnfo.jpg
Good for her :like:

Norm

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Wow I feel sorry for all you guys that have wives that aren’t happy with your purchase.

FWIW, my wife TOLD me to buy the car. The kids where all grown and I was debating on trading in the family SUV for something cool. I test drove a few cars and was blown away with the Black 5.0 I drove but I didn’t think we should spend all that money. I had Muscle cars back in the day and she remembers that. Our 1st date in 1984 was in my 1970 Corvette. She knows I really wanted one for years. One day she said to me life is short and just go do it and get the one you want and don’t compromise so ... that’s what I did. No regrets.
If it were up to my wife we would have a Porsche and Range Rover. I am the one who decides what vehicles are in the garage, otherwise I would be payning 1K a month per car instead of 900 combined.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
If it were up to my wife we would have a Porsche and Range Rover. I am the one who decides what vehicles are in the garage, otherwise I would be payning 1K a month per car instead of 900 combined.

Lol ... if I could afford it I’d have a black Porsche 911 in my garage instead of my Mustang. My brother had a Range Rover, I wasn’t impressed. But like you, I’m not into the huge payments :)

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 2017F450
16yrs and four mustangs later she is pretty neutral. She hated going to car meets at night in our 20’s, but has been to almost all track events and knows how much joy I get out of the ownership experience. She can and does drive the GT350.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
My wife hates mine....she gets sick to her stomach in it often, and I drive it like a minivan...she hates that it is low, she keeps her face buried in her iPhone until she is sick and then looks up and tells me she hates the car....she also gets sick in the mountains in any car, even if she is driving....so I drive it alone 99% of the time.....
Sponsored