State of my engine/oil

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
This is the oil from when I emptied my UPR Catch Can yesterday. I spilled a little when opening it over the funnel, but this is a .5Liter Cokebottle. Probably 2 deciliters from the CC. I've had it on for maybe a little over 1,5 years. Think I've done around 11k miles with CC. And 500miles before I installed it. Brand new '17GT.
Is this a normal amount to catch? And what about the three layers of the oil?
Is it all good in the hood, or anything I need to be worried about.
This is my first real car, so I'm trying to get some knowlegde.

Thx. Larsen
Catch Can Oil.jpg
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Hard to tell from just a picture. Does it have alot of sparkly metal shavings in it?

You should send it out to a testing lab if you really want to know all the details.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
The different layers are probably from having some degree of water content. I'd say for 10.5k miles that amount is expected especially if you don't notice oil disappearing between changes. You should empty the can more often, you don't want it to get completely full or you'll being sending liquid into the intake manifold (as opposed to vapors if you don't have a catch can).

If your car runs well and you don't suspect anything wrong then I would pour it into my oil recycle and be done with it.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Hard to tell from just a picture. Does it have alot of sparkly metal shavings in it?

You should send it out to a testing lab if you really want to know all the details.
You should just stop if you don't know what you're talking about; shavings in a CC.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
This is the oil from when I emptied my UPR Catch Can yesterday. I spilled a little when opening it over the funnel, but this is a .5Liter Cokebottle. Probably 2 deciliters from the CC. I've had it on for maybe a little over 1,5 years. Think I've done around 11k miles with CC. And 500miles before I installed it. Brand new '17GT.
Is this a normal amount to catch? And what about the three layers of the oil?
Is it all good in the hood, or anything I need to be worried about.
This is my first real car, so I'm trying to get some knowlegde.

Thx. Larsen
Catch Can Oil.jpg
Moisture, coolant, probably some fuel, and oil of course, that's exactly what it's supposed to trap and keep out of your intake. Though you need to empty it oil changes.

OP
OP
LarsenGrind

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Thanks guys.
Car is running well and I don't notice oil disappearing between changes.
I'll remember to empty the can at every oilchange.
Sponsored