Sponsored

Unlikely Head to Head Review: Mustang GT vs Genesis G70

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Haven't watched the video as I am at work right now, but I actually sold my 2015 Mustang GT and picked up a Genesis G70. Growing family and wanting to switch to AWD so I can drive the car year round (I'm in Canada)
I miss the manual transmission and the rumble of the V8 but overall I am happy with my new car
Same here. After owning many new Mustang GT's over the years, I got interested in Ford performance AWD cars. Bought a one year old '14 SHO, fully loaded, ran 13.7 bone stock on a cool day. But coming from a '13 Mustang GT, car was too big for my liking. Traded on a new '16 GT, great car, but living in the snow belt was still looking for a one car solution (Ford + AWD + quick).

Got a new leftover '17 AWD Fusion Sport for 27K (8.5k off sticker), not too big, 325 hp/380 lb ft torque, ran bone stock 13.8 quarter on an 80 degree day (beat a tuned Hemi Charger by a fraction of a second, lol). I think this is where I'm going to stay, still miss the Mustang though. :-)
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
"I don't like the faux carbon fiber on the Mustang" ... gee, I wonder if that's because it's not faux carbon fiber and is patterned aluminum. JFC. There's a carbon fiber pack available if you want carbon fiber.

Anyway, the G70 was "on my list" of cars to check out and test drive before committing to my 19 GT (had a lease on a 16 GT). The G70 didn't hit dealers until 6 weeks after I got my 19 GT in July, but I went to check it out anyway (drove my fiance's Infiniti M56x to not arouse suspicion of being there with a brand new Mustang :p ) since I was on the dealerships "call list" for the G70 3.3T. Drove the Sport trim model, it's a great car that's packed with features for the price. Definitely a way better value than its competition (340/440 BMW, C-class Mercedes, S4/S5 Audi, etc). The interior is fantastic, it has virtually every feature you could want and/or expect (the only odd ommissions being no massaging seats, and (especially odd) no power trunk), and the car is fast, it's definitely faster than the advertised 4.7 0-60 (definitely 4.3-4.5 range) - the low-end torque definitely throws you back hard in the sport mode. Something else that I found neat, and I don't know of another car that does this: when you select the sport driving mode, the seat bolsters automatically tighten to hug you in. I already mentioned how feature-filled the car is (heated/cooled seats, ACC w/traffic jam assist, HUD, heated steering wheel with two levels available, apple carplay/android auto, blind spot monitoring, 360 camera, 360 sensors, lane keep assist, etc), but it's HUD is one of the best I've seen from an information standpoint (shows radio station/song playing, speed, shows blind spot information (this impressed me), navigation, etc). Plus, and this part is what REALLY got me - ALL MAINTENANCE (including oil changes and normal stuff) is INCLUDED for five friggen years at the MSRP, AND they will drive to you with a loaner vehicle and pick up your car for you. Holy f'n crap. I know BMW/Mercedes has that available, but it's a hefty sum extra for it.

BUT... I like my 19 Mustang GT more and I made the right choice back in July. However, I'll say this, if I couldn't get the Mustang to work-out how I had in mind, I had "back up" cars planned (part of the reason I test drove nearly 20 cars last year - and before anyone says I was wasting the time of sales associates, I would always go first thing in the morning on a weekday so I was generally the or one of the only customer(s) at the dealership, and I would immediately tell them that I'm currently in a lease and just looking for ideas of what to buy after the summer) - my number two was an Audi S5... The G70 100% exceeds that car IMO and would have certainly replaced it as my #2, also beating out the BMW M240xi, Jaguar XE, Infiniti Q60 Red Sport, Lexus RC-F (ew, so much ew), Mercedes C43 AMG, and many others. :)

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
my number two was an Audi S5... The G70 100% exceeds that car IMO and would have certainly replaced it as my #2, also beating out the BMW 240xi, Jaguar XE, Infiniti Q60 Red Sport, Mercedes C43 AMG, and many others. :)
Once upon a time I had considered all those cars (and owned the BMW) but none can be boosted to 800+HP and handle like a real sports car, so it was really between the camaro and the mustang at that point

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Once upon a time I had considered all those cars (and owned the BMW) but none can be boosted to 800+HP and handle like a real sports car, so it was really between the camaro and the mustang at that point
I honestly don't mod my cars anymore (well... I replaced the staggered wheel set-up on my 19 to 275 square :p ). I'm debating on a Roush kit but only because Roush gives you a warranty. I'm waiting to see how the 2020 GT500 prices and performs, though. :)
I only keep one car at a time so whatever I have is my daily.
Sponsored