Sponsored

Cup holders and handbrake - RHD

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I'm just happy mine came with the little cigarette tray, aka coin holder :)

Biggest problem with the hand brake is me being used to a foot "hand" brake and with it stuck over there I don't notice it and have to think about it.

Apart from that, its fine.
Similar situation for me, except I'm accustomed to an electric park brake. No big deal.
Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
True. I'm sure I can get used to it...still exited for delivery day but slightly annoyed.
What can I say - I'm British, I like a good moan ;)
yes your countrymen are certainly well represented here complaining about trivia

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have been trying to find someone to convert the handbrake correctly for RHD and mould a new console to suit. But as yet there is little interest from RHD conversion companies in Australia. I've also done a lot of research into this and everything points to pure arrogance on the part of Ford USA. But then, that's what I expect from American big business. I'm sure that if a company designed and built a console for RHD in large quantities it would be very popular and not too expensive. But the problem is trying to find someone willing to try it. I'm going to continue searching because I refuse to accept American arrogance as being the only option. It's all a matter of principals. Something which Ford USA have very little.

Sponsored

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct, I hate Facebook. :) Thanks heaps.

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
it's roughly a 3K job i think.
Hi again
I found the business you pointed me too and did get them to do the centre consol conversion. They also supplied the wheels as shown on my signature and a complete reupholster of the existing interior. The business owner is now producing what is called the "EME Signature Series" based on my build of which mine is build number 001. The end result is spectacular and I owe it all to your information. I truly can't recommend Eastside Mustang Enhancement highly enough. Thanks again.

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
@MustangNewbie hey Rick nice work. Did you freight the car to them? And....can we get some pics PLEASE :clap:
I bought the car from an Adelaide dealer (Adrian Brien Ford) because of their proximity to EME. Then flew to Adelaide for delivery, drove the car 5km to EME and left it there for the work to be done. I flew back again 6 weeks later to drive it back to Port Hedland (Via Lakes Entrance, Victoria). 7000km by the time I arrived home and with the extra comfort of the new upholstery that distance was nothing for me. As for photo's, I'm having a little difficulty getting the colour to come out correct on photos. The leather inserts nearly all come out a much brighter red than they are in reality. I'll keep trying to get the exposure right to give a better representation of the colour and then I'll post the pics. In the meantime, Adrian Brien Ford did a great story with pics on their Facebook page, but the pics also show the wrong colour. The attached photo is the only one showing the true colour of the leather insert.
My Seats.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
I bought the car from an Adelaide dealer (Adrian Brien Ford) because of their proximity to EME. Then flew to Adelaide for delivery, drove the car 5km to EME and left it there for the work to be done. I flew back again 6 weeks later to drive it back to Port Hedland (Via Lakes Entrance, Victoria). 7000km by the time I arrived home and with the extra comfort of the new upholstery that distance was nothing for me. As for photo's, I'm having a little difficulty getting the colour to come out correct on photos. The leather inserts nearly all come out a much brighter red than they are in reality. I'll keep trying to get the exposure right to give a better representation of the colour and then I'll post the pics. In the meantime, Adrian Brien Ford did a great story with pics on their Facebook page, but the pics also show the wrong colour. The attached photo is the only one showing the true colour of the leather insert.
My Seats.jpg
Can we have a photo of the RHD center console please?

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can we have a photo of the RHD center console please?
Hi Graham
My apologies, I should have thought to put one of those up. But because the post immediately after my first post included a photo of a converted console I overlooked adding mine to the post. I hope this is good enough to see properly. It truly has an OEM look.
new interior.jpg

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Graham
My apologies, I should have thought to put one of those up. But because the post immediately after my first post included a photo of a converted console I overlooked adding mine to the post. I hope this is good enough to see properly. It truly has an OEM look.
new interior.jpg
I should also have mentioned how they do it. The console is cut at certain points to remove the section in question, then they rotate the cup holder section and place it to the left. The hand brake section is 3D printed and then all is glued in place and the leather covering is stretched over top. The end result looks just the same as factory, but correctly positioned for RHD.

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Handbrake position, bonnet release, white tail lights; meh.

The indicator stalk - thank god they got that right.
Actually I've asked the guys at EME to look into the bonnet release for me. As far as I'm concerned if any car company wants to make a car for the RHD market then do it properly. Not the half arsed job that they did. As for the white tail lights, that's got nothing to do with RHD and therefore not relevant to my reasons for being in this discussion. That's simply a matter of like or dislike. HSV have at least tried to move the bonnet release in the Camaro but of course being done as a conversion after the fact makes it more expensive than if done during production. I have no brand loyalty to these cheaper made cars and therefore I literally wasn't going to buy a Mustang if I couldn't get the handbrake moved. I would have bought a Camaro instead and simply tolerated the stupid push button hand brake, which is the one thing I don't like in my other car (Audi A8).
Sponsored