Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Superformance is a little more than "some custom shop in California". They build officially licensed reproduction copies of the GT40, Shelby Cobra, etc, and a lot of their vehicles are eligible for registration in owner's registries. Their vehicles are exceedingly precise and very expensive. A guy I used to work with has a Superformance Shelby Cobra with a 572 Ford engine. It's obscene.

Funny story about the GR-1...

When I was visiting dealers to see who would give me the best price on ordering my 2016 GT/PP, I went to Palmetto Ford, in Charleston, SC, and the sales guy had a picture of the GR-1 concept on his wall. He'd gone on about selling Fords for decades and knowing everything there was to know about Mustangs and GTs and Shelbys. I remarked about how I had wished they'd made the GR-1 at some point, and he swore up and down that they'd made several hundred of them that were out there. I pulled up my phone and showed him that it had never been put into production. He told me the internet was wrong. I asked him if he was thinking about the Shelby Series 1 cars, and he swore he wasn't.

I didn't buy from him. He told me X-Plan was going to be more expensive than MSRP. That's when I bailed.

JR
Sponsored