Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
It's definitely true that the insurance-quote question has changed: used to be "is your car garaged overnight" and now it's "is your car parked on your driveway overnight". I always just say "yes" rather than say it'll be in the garage so don't know whether the premium would be higher or not. Mind you, my garage is open-bay so not sure how they'd cope with a garage-without-a-door :-) (At least the openings are 8ft wide rather than 7ft which is a lot less stressful! Come to think of it, given how wide most cars are these days and standard UK garages still having 7ft wide doors, that could be a reason to increase the premium...dangerous business, parking...)

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
I am currently investigating next insurance policy - and doing the "quote me "thing ( deep joy - not! :tumbleweed::tumbleweed::tumbleweed:)

Everyone I have looked at so far have asked "is the vehicle kept over night in a garage?"

(BTW quotes for the mustang very massively from one place to another _ garaged or not!) Direct line, admiral Adrian flux etc - varied by up to £500 p.a. for same quote!

Bob

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I am currently investigating next insurance policy - and doing the "quote me "thing ( deep joy - not! :tumbleweed::tumbleweed::tumbleweed:)

Everyone I have looked at so far have asked "is the vehicle kept over night in a garage?"

(BTW quotes for the mustang very massively from one place to another _ garaged or not!) Direct line, admiral Adrian flux etc - varied by up to £500 p.a. for same quote!

Bob

Not sure of the garage/driveway thing but the theory was that if your car war parked on the street then the perps weren't 100% sure which house to target for the keys, whereas if its in a garage then they know.
My car stays in the garage regardless as it keeps it away from passing tw@ts. For insurance with modifications the best I found was Ageas through A-Plan (use Thatcham branch). Just be careful they don't limit the windscreen cover!
Direct Line and Admiral seem to get good reports too but couldn't even get them to quote me due to wheel spacers, which plenty of other owners have.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
more than 280 a year and they don't give a shit about mods until you put power adders on

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Do they cover the mods in the event of a loss, or just the market value of the car stock?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Do they cover the mods in the event of a loss, or just the market value of the car stock?
i never asked i guess its just market value of car and then perhaps a contribution towards the mods i didn't have to list them or value them so assume it was more of "mods don't invalidate insurance" situation rather than including them.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
I block mine in with my sisters car, Faraday pouch, brake padel lock, cctv and will soon install a couple more goodies. Point being its never going to be unstealable. All you can do is add time and make it much less convenient to steal than another one.

The only problem is if someone really wants your car, they will track you and find out where you are at your most vulnerable. I. E. A supermarket carpark.

The only theft proof car I had was my 1992 Peugeot 306 xs. No code. No start. It was impossible to steal. If you forgot your code, even the dealers couldn't help you.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
[Disklok yes its £100 notes, but worth it in my opinion

Very good Video

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Interesting, any links to the tracker!

When I took delivery I gave my dealer an info sheet of the Fobguard and they laught with it but I knew I was right...

It's not only in UK they steel cars like this but spreading like a virus al over Europe

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The garage theory is actually more down to if they brake garage locks/mechanisms, your car insurance will have to cover it as well, hense it jumping up. (I asked insurance company). I asked if an open garage classed as driveway (IE a carport) they said yes.... so there's your answer :). Or just leave the garage door open (and accidently have a partner with dementia who keeps closing it everynight...)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The garage theory is actually more down to if they brake garage locks/mechanisms, your car insurance will have to cover it as well, hense it jumping up. (I asked insurance company).
Not saying you didn't ask but you must have got another idiot. That doesn't sound right. I prefer my theory... :wink: