Would this be possible for drive modes?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
The unidirectional switches suck, but eh, I manage. I can usually get the mode I want within 2-3 full circuits of the options...

Now, it would be cool if the drive modes were as active as on the GT:

I feel that with MR, a variable ride height should have been standard as well...
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The location of the switch is the problem?? Feels fine to me. And I toggle on the fly sometimes as needed.

Reactions: A7X

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
While it would be nice if they were bi-directional, I don't see the big deal. Takes maybe 2 more seconds to scroll back to where you want if you missed it. :facepalm:

And comparing a $450K car to a $50K car?

Maybe the next refresh or s650 will have it. Coming from an RS, be happy you don't have to turn auto start/stop off and choose sport mode EVERY time you get in the car.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The unidirectional switches suck, but eh, I manage. I can usually get the mode I want within 2-3 full circuits of the options...

I feel that with MR, a variable ride height should have been standard as well...
I'm quite content with my car not costing upwards of 400k lol. Variable ride height is not needed in stock form.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang

How would you like the MR shock to effect ride height?

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
How would you like the MR shock to effect ride height?
I don't think MR could affect ride height, just that adjusting ride height seems to pair well adjusting damper performance. If I'm going to dream, I'm going to dream big...

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I would be willing to pay around $2,000 to $3,000 for a tune/dedicated switch or dial to set the drive modes with something like what is available on the Ford GT or most other car manufacturers. Could this ever be achieved through a 3rd party setup?

The engineers and designers at Ford that came up with the current system (or allowed it to happen) need to be written up and put on probation! It's horrible and dangerous in some situations.
Shut it all off. Every time you get in the car.

Problem solved.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
roflmao... You can always spend half million dollars and fix your issue

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
I've found it a bit annoying too but not something that I think about. Chalked it up to the one of the quirks about the car I'll get used to. Agree though, would be nice to toggle back and forth and would like it on the other side of the row of switches.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I don't see it as a major problem. Yes, being able to toggle both directions would be better. For normal street driving, I just use normal or MyMode. It defaults to Normal on start-up and just one toggle away is MyMode. At the drag strip, I have to go through more modes to get to drag mode, but that is not a big deal.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
20 seconds a week at most... you really think THAT amount of time is worth $3000 to you? Well shit, I want to know what the hell you do for a living, because I'm in!

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Lol, I'll be happy if most of you guys aren't in product developmen, design or engineering.

Things can always be better and be improved.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Having said that, overall UX of Sync 3 and the rest of the cockpit is the best I've ever used.
That may be the case for you but compared to what is available in the modern car market it leaves a bit to be desired.

I know I'm too picky. I'd like to be happy accepting things as is but I'm always tortured by seeing how design could be better.

I've had freinds that were automotive engineers. They have to compete with all the systems within the vehicle, deal with outdated technology in the supply chain, etc. It's not an easy job.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I hate to burst the op's bubble but even my explorer has a rotary dial to change driving modes, and it's bidirectional. And if you go past the mode you want, you just rotate the other direction.
How would that burst my bubble? I'd be happier with something along those lines. :)

I've seen and used such things in several cars.

My biggest complaint from a safety side is the snow/wet mode. If you want to use that you have to click through the sport, track and drag strip modes. If you accidentally click one too many times you have to cycle all the way through again. Doing this while driving into hazardous conditions is not optimal. And yes, I know well enough to adjust my driving. But the A10 kicks down fast and hard in ever mode but wet/snow.

On most German cars you can scroll both ways and have easy visual feedback up in the lign of site.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
That may be the case for you but compared to what is available in the modern car market it leaves a bit to be desired.

I know I'm too picky. I'd like to be happy accepting things as is but I'm always tortured by seeing how design could
US News- https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/cars-with-the-best-infotainment-systems

CNET- https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/best-car-infotainment-systems-2018/25/

Digital Trends- https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/best-infotainment-system/

In fact, its hard to find a recent review where Sync 3 or the 18+ Mustang is not mentioned as 1 of the best. So no, its not just me and my considerable experience on the subject.
Sponsored