Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Meet Information:
Friday, February 22, 2019 @ 9:00 am
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store

8010 SW Loop 820
Benbrook, TX 76126

*****I STRONGLY RECOMMEND PAINT PROTECTION*****

This route consists of narrow two-lane roads with no shoulders and countless gravel driveways. Without sufficient protection, your paint WILL BE DAMAGED.

This video from last year's trip shows the types of roads included in the route. (They get way more fun than this one!)

This trip is a blast every year, and is even more fun with more people. Feel free to bring your significant other or invite other S550 Mustang owners.

--------------------------------------------------

Friday:

We'll meet for breakfast at 9:00 on Friday morning and hit the road around 10:00-10:30. Please be fueled and ready to roll from Cracker Barrel.

From there, we'll hit I-20 west to TX-16 south. We'll stop for fuel at the Stripes station in Llano, and then head into Fredericksburg for the rest of the afternoon. We can eat dinner in Fredericksburg before heading into Kerrville for the night.

We will be staying at Inn of the Hills in Kerrville. I have ten rooms blocked at a group rate of $109 per night for a king or two queen beds. Click here to reserve your room or ask for the "DFWs550s" rate when you call the hotel at 830-217-3397 or toll free at 800-292-5690. Rooms will only be blocked until Friday, February 8, so reserve your room now! You will need a credit card to reserve the room, but the room will not be charged until the time of the stay.

Route map here:

Saturday:

We can eat breakfast at the hotel (or elsewhere if preferred) at 9:00 am. We'll leave for the cruise around 10:00-10:30 am. We should finish the cruise around 3:00, and then we can find some other interesting things to do in the area (shopping, dining, photo ops, etc.) I'd like to run the route in the opposite direction as well. If we finish early enough, we can run it in reverse on Saturday. Otherwise, we can run it Sunday before heading home.

Route map here:

Sunday:
Sleep in; go home.
We can do this as a group, or go our separate ways.

I'll keep this post updated with the latest info.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RobbieFrazier

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
There's just two more days to get in on the group rate at the hotel. Reserve your room now!

OP
OP
RobbieFrazier

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
I posted some video clips from the 2018 Twisted Sisters cruise on my YouTube channel.

Part 1 of 8 of the 2018 Twisted Sisters cruise

Part 2 of 8 of the 2018 Twisted Sisters cruise

Part 3 of 8 of the 2018 Twisted Sisters cruise

Part 4 of 8 of the 2018 Twisted Sisters cruise

Part 5 of 8 of the 2018 Twisted Sisters cruise

I'll post the next three videos over the next few days to keep the thread active.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Did The Sisters many times on my HD Road Glide Ultra when I lived in Boerne. That’s the best part of the Hill Country.

I miss the chicken fried steak at The Old Spanish Trail in Bandera. Good times.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Did The Sisters many times on my HD Road Glide Ultra when I lived in Boerne. That’s the best part of the Hill Country.

I miss the chicken fried steak at The Old Spanish Trail in Bandera. Good times.
I miss the meringue pies. Cant believe it burned.
Silver Dollar is definitely worth stopping at for a beer or boot scooting. Peanut shell shrapnel on the floors.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I miss the meringue pies. Cant believe it burned.
Silver Dollar is definitely worth stopping at for a beer or boot scooting. Peanut shell shrapnel on the floors.
I didn’t know the OST burned. Did they reopen?

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Burned in 2007. lol, guess its been a while ...
They rebuilt
https://www.brownsvilleherald.com/n...cle_1a31150d-1c00-53cc-a068-4db0ed14776c.html

Im getting old lol. I've been touring the hill country since 1998. Used to drive back an forth from Austin to Alpine every weekend and find new roads as much as possible.
ZX-11, then NSX.
Those were the days. You met and learned the LEOs and as long as you kept closure down around others, your we free to convert your dumb ass into a burning steel and grease stain in the Chihuan desert.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Haha! That's right around the time we moved there. Probably didn't discover the OST until about 2009 or so. We would cruise over on the Harley, eat breakfast, then take off some place: the Sisters, Vanderpool, etc. So pretty there.

I had NSXs, too.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Haha! That's right around the time we moved there. Probably didn't discover the OST until about 2009 or so. We would cruise over on the Harley, eat breakfast, then take off some place: the Sisters, Vanderpool, etc. So pretty there.
I had NSXs, too.
Sweet. NSX for the win... except how slow they were....
Stang w FI is a hoot for the cost and cheap engines. Much cheaper to track vs NSX and my 2015 whippled had 300% more rwhp ..
2018 is stock for now due to Ford giving me a 100k power train warranty.
Just saw you in CA, you gonna make this trip?

Robbie- have you considered "old Fred" down to interstate instead of 16? It's very choice.
Especially the photo op on the bridge over the river under the old railroad trestle.
You can get there several different ways including old river road (pedernales) from Fredericksburg and cut across at Cain.
You can work across to Lukenbach which also makes for a great photo op.
Leave Lukenbach and work backwards thru Caun onto old Fred/San A road (old hwy 9)

Example:
16 south from Fredricksburg briefly until you hit Pedernales river(creek).
Take river road East until 87.
South on 87 very briefly and take first paved road East, then North, then East hitting old SanA rd until you can cut East thru Cain to 1376.
Work East to Luckenback
Drink a beer (or not) at the bar and then head back West to pick up Old Fredricksburg road (also known as old fred/old SanAntonio/old Hwy 9).
Head South.
Choice
Never overrun your visibility
As you near the interstate from North of interstate:
Stay straight-heading south where 9 becomes FM 473.
Shortly after FM473/9, turn left on River Bend Road and follow to river/trestle/bridge intersection.
From there, you go explore other river crossings, sisterdale road, or get gas at interstate and hual mail or even cross interstate and work North to Kerrville(27/ElmPass/BanderaSilverDollar/16/Kerrville)

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Sweet. NSX for the win... except how slow they were....
Stang w FI is a hoot for the cost and cheap engines. Much cheaper to track vs NSX and my 2015 whippled had 300% more rwhp ..
2018 is stock for now due to Ford giving me a 100k power train warranty.
Just saw you in CA, you gonna make this trip?
How I kinda wish. Last time through that area (San Antonio, Boerne, Kerrville, etc) was when we moved from Galveston out here to the Central Coast in January 2017. I had really great times all through the Hill Country back in the day. My wife is Austin-born and raised and we get back now and again. Actually thinking about a small place in Boerne again.

The NSXs: had a 1995 and a 1998, both red/tan and I never thought I'd have that much fun again with a car until I got the Bullitt. Hard to imagine now the NSXs were V-6s! And all of 290 HP or so, stock.

Thanks for chatting; have a safe trip!

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
The '95 and the '98.

NSX-Atascadero.jpg
DSC00195.JPG
Sponsored