Sponsored

First time tomorrow... Updated for second run

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
The track prep at Bradenton Motorsports Park seems pretty dang good and that’s probably the reason I didn’t blow the tires off. A little bit of spin in the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts and a touch of wheel hop in the 1-2 shift. I could feel the rear end walking around on the 1-2 shift for sure.
Doesn't get much better than Bradenton for a track that is properly maintained. You could run a 185/75/15 bald street tire on that track and hook. NMRA opening event is run there every year. Someday before I croak of old age I hope to get down there and at least watch an NMRA event..........if not run true street class for the fun of making a pass at that track.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Made it out to track night on January 3rd with a DA of 1294. On the first run, I did a short fairly low rpm burnout and loaded the rear end holding about 1600 rpms. Left out with some wheel hop but made a PR 60’ of 1.99 and a PR of 12.3 @ 116. I was very happy with the time and hoped to get a 12.1 or .2 on the following run. Unfortunately, my burnout was too long on the follow up and I blew tires so bad that I thought I had lost the tranny bc it pegged the limiter with no smoke. I peddled it and ran a 15.1 @ 111. I’ve learned my lesson on the burnoitsbfor these all seasons. Shorty after, a car lost a driveline component and spewed tranny and gear oil down the track which resulted in a 2+ hour delay and ended my night.

I have the BMR CB762, the diff lockouts and the Steeda alignment dowels that I want to install along with drag springs. I’m also ready to invest in the F14 dragpack and see how far I can take the car on the stock tune.

075CA748-B8CB-418F-A5D5-3397152774B6.jpeg
What action camera are you running? That thing has good sound.

OP
OP
Chuckles the 3rd

Chuckles the 3rd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
What action camera are you running? That thing has good sound.
It is the Crosstour CT9000 for $55 on Amazon. I’m impressed with it for the money. For the sound to work that well, you have to have use it in the open mount as opposed to the watertight case.

Bradenton does prep very well on prep. I’ve never run anywhere else so I have no other metric tinterested compare with though. I went to the NMRA event last year as a spectator and had great time and will probably just watch again this year.
Sponsored