OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
For the M90, wouldn't help much then. The top of the lower gets opened up but the bottom is not much if any because otherwise the airflow will just hit the heads instead of flowing smoothly. If you end up porting heads, yeah it'll help more then.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up getting mine from Gig's performance. Same place that did the TB. He does a ton of LS stuff and I personally know a bunch of guys who have nothing but good things to say - including me now. I bought brand new Ford upper and lower from a dealer (recommended by Gig's) and had them shipped to Gig's shop. @ $170 I think for both shipped. It was $200 or $250 for the porting. Really can't remember.
ported manifold 1.jpg
ported manifold 2.jpg
ported manifold 3.jpg

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
@ctandc72 That looks good. I run gigs tb and that looks to be a good alternative from other vendors. Do you know the part numbers for the upper and lower intakes?
They're:
CL3Z-9424-D
FR3Z-9424-F

If you're going to buy them yourself, I'd say check with local dealers to either you or whoever you want to port them and also compare it with @LevittownFordParts to see if Benny can help you out at all. Paul, and I'm sure Kalob too, gets them at lower prices than what I've found for local dealers. Overall that route is a bit more expensive than P3 or AMR (due to the core exchange they offer), but we all know Gig's does good work too!

Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up getting mine from Gig's performance. Same place that did the TB. He does a ton of LS stuff and I personally know a bunch of guys who have nothing but good things to say - including me now. I bought brand new Ford upper and lower from a dealer (recommended by Gig's) and had them shipped to Gig's shop. @ $170 I think for both shipped. It was $200 or $250 for the porting. Really can't remember.
ported manifold 1.jpg
ported manifold 2.jpg
ported manifold 3.jpg
How hard is this to install? What gains can you see?

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
How hard is this to install? What gains can you see?
I kinda went over it in the OP and other posts on the first page. For a first timer that hasn't done much work on a car, it was a bit confusing but if you have all the tools going in (unlike me with my 2017 needing that stupid T40) it really should be able to get finished up within 3 hours. Nothing is overly difficult.

If you check ctandc72's build thread he has some quick instructions there or the FB page has instructions that Chris wrote up too (that's what I used). I didn't want to mess with my bumper/undershield so I just sorta let the coolant leak everywhere (it burned off fine once I started the car, caught most in jugs). Popping the fuel rail/injectors out was the more nerve wracking part for me, just felt like something was going to snap but it all is pretty solid.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to do an exchange, the other routes probably make the most sense. I wanted to keep my originals - that's just me. If you aren't doing an exchange hunt around for the best price. I used Jim Vreeland Ford because they are physically close to Gig's shop (quick shipment) and their price was good as well.

Holy crap I just checked prices.
Apparently the cost of the parts has jumped pretty considerably.

FR3Z-9424-F (Upper) - I paid $79 in March of 2018. Vreeland now lists the same part for $119.
CL3Z-9424-D (Lower) - I paid $63 Vreeland lists it for $89.

The install isn't bad. Get the pdf version of the Ford Service manual. Relieve the fuel pressure off the rail before disconnecting. Easiest way is to pull the injection fuse and run run the engine to burn off the fuel in the rail.

Everything else is straight forward but it honestly depends on how comfortable you are wrenching / experience. I took my time on mine while it was in my garage one afternoon. If I had to do it quickly, I figure it would take hour and a half or so. Don't over tighten bolts - most materials are plastic or aluminum and you don't need a lot of torque on this bolts. Use a torque wrench.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I’m looking to get ported intakes as well but mine is procharged either way if I do I will get it dynoed I want to know what the gains will be.

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yours should get even more of a gain because of the boost! Interested to see the results if you use a dyno that you've already used before.
Sponsored