Sponsored

This ain't your Grandad's Edelbrock *pics inside*

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
So I spent a few days knocking out the install on the 2018 Mustang Edelbrock 2650 TVS. This is their stage 1 that retains the stock TB and airbox, their stage 2 still hasn't been released but I do plan on picking it up when it does.

Part #: 158320 tuner kit

Started off stock, I had a PMAS on the car but sold it a few weeks before the blower showed up since I wouldn't be able to use it:

IMG_4608.jpg

From here the intake manifold had to come off alone with all the fuel lines. A useful tip is to keep the fuel lines pointed away form you, even after depressurizing the system and all the fueling leaking out there was a massive burst of fuel like a 20 seconds after the initial one, I believe this may have been fuel that came out from the HPFP, which has it's own check valve IIRC

IMG_4609.jpg

Taking the bumper off was easy, the new bracket they used the 18+ is awesome, makes taking it off and on super easy since the push tab and mounting studs align it and do most of the work for you

IMG_4611.jpg

Next up we have the pulley brackets, The system includes a new ribbed tensioner, 3 smooth idlers, two 3.5" and 1 2.5". The brackets are pretty easy too bolt on, you only have to drill one preexisting hole a little deeper and tap it with the including die.

IMG_4615.jpg

The fuel rails they include are mint, the coating on these really shines. I opted for the tuner kit since tuning will be done via HPTuners not SCT. These are DW95 injectors, to help everything clear I did have to remove the clips DW uses to mount the height adapters with, these aren't a necessity since the injectors can't fly off once the rail is bolted down anyway.

IMG_4620.jpg

Lowering the head unit in the car is def a 2 person job, it's heavy AF! The belt is a tight fit too, I found it easier to line up all the pullies and slide the belt on one of the smooth tensioners. If you try and do this on the blower pulley or another with a lip on the edge you will have a hard time getting the belt on
IMG_4621.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg
IMG_4623.jpg

The heat exchanger is pretty straight forward, there are 2 brackets that bolt to it and attach it to the 4 studs on the crash beams, you then use a nut to lock them to the crash beam bolts. The H/E pump mounts to the 2 outer crash beams studs as seen in the pic.

IMG_4624.jpg

Here we have a closer look at the blower inlet, I took this one to show up just how big this inlet really is, this is def a big improvement over their previous 90mm inlet design.

IMG_4627.jpg

Wrapping things up we have the high flow filter they include with the stage 1, I had a KnN in it previously but swapped to this one since it was brand new. Over all the kit looks pretty slick, as luck would have it it's been raining the past 2 days so I haven't been able to take the car about for a spin to test everything out

IMG_4630.jpg
IMG_4631.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, the design looks super clean.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious to see what you think about it once you get out and drive it. I went the Whipple route, but was seriously considering this one.

Sponsored

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I like the design of the injector rails better on the 18+ kits.

Tish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT coupe
Question for Edelbrock Tech.Do you have a release date for the Stage 2 kit for 2018/2019 Mustang GT.I can't wait any longer.

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
Can’t wait to see what you think about it and what kind of power it puts down.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Nice, being in California I was considering this kit for my next car.
I'm in Texas so CARB doesn't affect us, but it does have a CARB EO number and sticker to affix to the car if you are in CA though.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Awesome install! What is the net weight of adding the Edelbrock? Probably few lbs less than ship weight.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Looks good, I think the stock TB will hold it back but I believe the have a bigger one coming out don't they?

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
Looks good, I think the stock TB will hold it back but I believe the have a bigger one coming out don't they?
Yes the 103 is coming. Stage 2 components are in production and CARB EO is pending! So close! I will provide more info on that and show what Stage 2 is capable of soon...cough north of 900whp cough...
Sponsored