Sponsored

2020 GT500 Will Be Revealed on Jan 14, 2019! Sneak Peek of Supercharged 5.2-Liter Predator Engine

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Actually - I was just reading the patent app... It looks like what makes "this" system "active" is that there is a diverter that can direct the path of the air towards the actual brake assembly as it moves (via steering wheel and perhaps suspension compression) - providing a cooling charge without an actual physical connection...say a flexible tube or something like that. Pretty cool!
Sponsored

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Found this on Instagram today, thought I’d share. This is supposedly inside a test car.
2A176D2D-67E9-4CCD-A2C9-90964606210E.jpeg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I just looked and the snake shown is indeed different than the one on my old GT350. And if only the photographer of the above picture would have not cropped the shifter area...arrgh!

zIMG_1619.jpg

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I just looked and the snake shown is indeed different than the one on my old GT350. And if only the photographer of the above picture would have not cropped the shifter area...arrgh!

zIMG_1619.jpg
They look pretty similar to me. I also didn’t notice any paddles either.

Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Nobody noticed the red eye in the cobra?
They should call the fastest version the RedEye! Wait....

I wonder if that is shots fired..would be awesome if they made a statement. Maybe not more HP but a quicker quarter mile time? While beating the zl1 Camaro on the track would be awesome.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
They look pretty similar to me.
They're different. Look at the snakes "ribs."

Nobody noticed the red eye in the cobra?
I did but also noticed the stitching on the wheel looks to be white. Unless Ford dropped the red stitching motif, ala the GT350R, it seems amiss.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The Cobra emblems in the GT350 and 500 are different. Officially.

The 350 emblem has negative space where the segments are while the 500 has solid segments, among other more subtle differences. You can see this in Ford’s images as well. An interesting fun fact is that the original leaked blower casing featured the gt350 style cobra brandmark with hollow segments.

So the steering wheel is either legit or it’s a very astute fake. I’m leaning toward legit. On a manual option car...

The pic must be a planned leak as the photog was so careful to not show too much.

The red eye in the cobra could just be the engineering team having fun, or it’s a way to let people know that the Mustang is aiming to hurt some big egos.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
:curse:

zIMG_1619.jpg
No LED dash, what the hell!!

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
:curse:
No LED dash, what the hell!!

... that photo is from a GT350. I realize the internets are hard, but you have to keep up :crackup:

That being said, the "leaked" photo appears to show a non-LCD dash too, but I'd take anything that's not an official Ford release with a grain a salt.

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
... that photo is from a GT350. I realize the internets are hard, but you have to keep up :crackup:

That being said, the "leaked" photo appears to show a non-LCD dash too, but I'd take anything that's not an official Ford release with a grain a salt.
Yes I’m taking everything with a grain a salt as well, just thought I’d share what I came across. And it also mentioned that a digital dash very well could be an option or even standard. Time will tell.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yes I’m taking everything with a grain a salt as well, just thought I’d share what I came across. And it also mentioned that a digital dash very well could be an option or even standard. Time will tell.
The LCD dash will be interesting, we know it's totally modular across models (even MYs), and if the GT500 really presents the most technically advanced, highest performance Mustang, I can't imagine it not having it, even being standard (just like I'd imagine, the premium headunit, etc., will be standard).

I realize the GT350 has an option for a base stereo, and did not get the option for the MY18+ LCD dash, but I think this car has a different "philosophy" (for lack of better ways to put it ...)

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500

You know what would be cool, if the GT500 had its own digital dash that's different from the FORD GT

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Interesting on the pic. The Cobra's are different, and the red eye is a standout in the pic. I wonder lol.....Ford could have something up it's sleeve..I mean they have had enough time to do a lot of surprises...Here's hoping that we get more than just a picture on Jan 14th.
Sponsored