From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Beyond fuel quality and timing...as I have been told that on 93 there is only so much tuners can do with the 18-19 GT.

How much power can be obtained by working with the cam timing? Are we talking gains or just power band shifts?
Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Beyond fuel quality and timing...as I have been told that on 93 there is only so much tuners can do with the 18-19 GT.

How much power can be obtained by working with the cam timing? Are we talking gains or just power band shifts?
Not sure about ā€˜18-ā€˜19 GT but there is power to be made by varying cam timing on earlier models. Iā€™ve been learning HP Tuners and getting trained on it. You can see an increase in MAF lb/min by making adjustments to cam timing. Itā€™s not just moving power band. Iā€™m sure the big name tuners know that are have either figured out the 18-19 models or will soon. They certainly have with Gen 1 and 2.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Been curious to see if the compression increase has anything to do with it? Would explain why the e85 tune is so popular.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
There are also torque protection strategies active on the OEM tune as well as other nanny strategies that restrict performance. There lies as much gain as anything. The power is there but the strategies limit the engine's full potential when certain driving conditions are determined by the ECU.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Yes, a tuner can bump the VCT and tune for quality 93 octane. I would say the net net is 12-15 whp max compared to stock though. A10 tuning helps to tune out limiters etc. Straight E85 is where the magic happens...

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
tuning is a combination, fuel, spark, vct, trans if it's an auto. lots of factors in a tune, feel free to hit me up with any questions, we can do a lund, aed, or oz tune for you
beef
513-478-1965

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Can the rev matching for the a10 be changed with a tune? Iā€™d like a rev match similar to what a manual would get if using the paddles. I have noticed the sport auto rev matches the down shifts more aggressively than the sport with paddles does so it has to be possible.

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
Not allot gained from a 93 octane tune. Biggest upgrade will be if you have a base GT, then you will get the drag mode shiftness in a tune that is standard on the premium. Do a flex tune from Lund and you will see a nice bump!
Sponsored