Purple Drank (PD) Tuning

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Hey guys, I'm looking to get some feedback on PD Tuining. I see a few positive reviews on Google with no negative ones. They appear to be newish to the Mustang Ecoboost platform but have a lot of experience with Mazda engines and the focus and fiesta st engines. I have looked into tune+ but I do see a fair bit of negative reviews about them. Also a lot of blown engines appear to have a tune+ tune from what I have read online. Quite possibly because they tune the most cars, idk, but it is a concern for sure. Any perspective that can be shared would be helpful and with 18 support just announced in Oct, I have a feeling there are others that would be curious as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Hey guys, I'm looking to get some feedback on PD Tuining. I see a few positive reviews on Google with no negative ones. They appear to be newish to the Mustang Ecoboost platform but have a lot of experience with Mazda engines and the focus and fiesta st engines. I have looked into tune+ but I do see a fair bit of negative reviews about them. Also a lot of blown engines appear to have a tune+ tune. Any perspective that can be shared would be helpful and with 18 support just announced in Oct, I have a feeling there are others that would be curious as well.
Subscribed... Waiting on the FP tune for 18+ has been painful, hasn't it? Cobb is tempting since they're here in TX, but I hate to risk the 3/36 or extended warranty I bought just 'cause I'm impatient...

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I use Tune+, I dont think they have proportionally more blown engines then anyone else.

Ive not used PD Tuning, but I see a lot on some Facebook groups that are happy with them.

They both use the Accessport which is fantastic, does so much more then other tuners regardless of the tune.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Subscribed... Waiting on the FP tune for 18+ has been painful, hasn't it? Cobb is tempting since they're here in TX, but I hate to risk the 3/36 or extended warranty I bought just 'cause I'm impatient...
Ya it really has, all of the ecobooms with the 15 -17 cars really has me worried, combined with a past experience with a prior turbo mustang I had. I am hopeful that the 18's will not start tallying up like the other year's but only time will tell. I am hopeful that tuners have the engines pretty much dialed in.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Ya it really has, all of the ecobooms with the 15 -17 cars really has me worried, combined with a past experience with a prior turbo mustang I had. I am hopeful that the 18's will not start tallying up like the other year's but only time will tell. I am hopeful that tuners have the engines pretty much dialed in.
I guess between the extra TQ with the OEM tune there's not as much of an increase to be found right off the bat, and the A10 tuning vs. A6. I hope a lot of tuners get it sorted out, and that some can also tune the MR shocks. That would be about the ultimate for me...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I guess between the extra TQ with the OEM tune there's not as much of an increase to be found right off the bat, and the A10 tuning vs. A6. I hope a lot of tuners get it sorted out, and that some can also tune the MR shocks. That would be about the ultimate for me...
Ford performance sells a magneride tune so to speak. I believe its similar to the tuning the pp2 uses. Though that is just a guess. Check on the Ford performance website.

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Ryan from PD Tuning really has a lot more traction in the Facebook groups than on the forums, and I think that's because Adam has been a Mustang guy longer and used to work for MAP (so he's active on forums). Ryan's got experience, and from what flies around the major groups he's a 1 to 1A option to Adam. I have never heard of Adam blowing more engines, but I do know the both of them seem to do the majority of the tuning work within the large groups, so make your own deduction from that.

Either one is a great option and I've never seen a complaint regarding their work.

Last edited:

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Ryan from PD Tuning really has a lot more traction in The Facebook groups than on the forums, and I think that's because Adam has been a Mustang guy longer and used to work for MAP (so he's active on forums). Ryan's got experience, and from what flies around the major groups he's a 1 to 1A option to Adam. I have never heard of Adam blowing more engines, but I do know the both of them seem to do the majority of the tuning work within the large groups, so make your own deduction from that.

Either one is a great option and I've never seen a complaint regarding their work.
Didn’t do much digging if you haven’t seen anyone complain about tune + lol

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Didn’t do much digging if you haven’t seen anyone complain about tune + lol
I said "complaint regarding their work", LOL. Adam is a bit rough around the edges and that's where the push-back comes.

Last edited:

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Personally between Adam and Ryan there is not a wrong choice. They tune the most cars right now from what I've seen on the facebook groups. I myself have been running a 93 octane tune from Adam for the past 2 years and clocked over 40k miles on the car, and drive it daily with 100% reliability. So I personally would recommend Adam. Customer service was great, quick answers to questions etc. I can still send him logs to review just to make sure the car is still in good health. Car went from a 13.64 at 100mph stock to 12.67 at 108 tuned by Adam, both times at the track in similar conditions, though I have better DA on the 12.60 run. Hope you enjoy your tune whomever it's from!

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Had both. Much prefer Ryan personally. Had more power with his tune.

Currently having a built motor shipped to me which he will be tuning as well. So far I am FBO and meth and it's been great. His customer service is literally the best I have seen.

wes936

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Grabber Blue EB 6MT
Hey guys, I'm looking to get some feedback on PD Tuining. I see a few positive reviews on Google with no negative ones. They appear to be newish to the Mustang Ecoboost platform but have a lot of experience with Mazda engines and the focus and fiesta st engines. I have looked into tune+ but I do see a fair bit of negative reviews about them. Also a lot of blown engines appear to have a tune+ tune from what I have read online. Quite possibly because they tune the most cars, idk, but it is a concern for sure. Any perspective that can be shared would be helpful and with 18 support just announced in Oct, I have a feeling there are others that would be curious as well.
I had great success and no issues with Alex from Stratified Tuning, at Stratified Automotive Controls.
Sponsored