Sponsored

Jacking points and stand placement on s550

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I happily use our own product, CJR002, on my cars.

So convenient, honestly.
In the first pic, how do you go about getting the car up on the stands like that? Two in the front first, then the rear - or two on one side, then the other? Also, do you have a close-up of how the rail site in the stand because it doesn't look like it is sitting down in the stand from picture. Thanks!
Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Just installed a set of the CJR002 over the weekend. They are awesome and it is SOO easy to get the car up now. The rail is just about 2 mm below the pinch weld flange. Excellent product.
Will the rail set into the jack stand without touching any other part of the car? Doesn't look like it in the videos. Too close to the flange.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
BMR lowpro jacking rails here...LOVE THE THINGS!! Any jacking rail is better then the factory points and it makes putting the car up stupid fast.

Should have done the rails as my first mod.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ronnyek42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT pp2, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak, Ram 3500
I dont know if my pp2 is really significantly lower to the ground than other gt's but I feel like I cant even get my low profile racing jack under the car enough to get the jack to the stock pinch weld jack point.

I also had some ramps, but pp2 front aero makes it pretty impossible to get up on THESE ramps. I dont know why they dont just include a little permanent puck thing where they have pinch welds.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I agree, my stocker thats not lowered, I can barely fit my floor jack under my steeda low profile jacking rails. A lot of peeps with lowered cars have to drive up on 2 x's to help. These cars are low to the ground, even when stock.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I've been kicking around the idea of installing a lift, either 2 post or perhaps even buying a Quickjack. I just don't trust any jack or jack stand if I'm under the car without redundancy. I don't even trust my Race Ramps without adding jack stands as a fail safe. I've searched on this topic and the most often mentioned solution other than a professional or consumer grade lift solution is wood cribbing.

However, I think I've found a solution. I'm thinking about buying 1 or 2 of these below. Between the ramps I have, my trusty Arcan XL jack, jack stands, jacking rails and these I cannot think of a jacking situation that can't be covered with redundancy. They aren't cheap but still much cheaper than a lift.

https://esco.net/products/esco-20-ton-screw-style-jack-stand/29/
10802_a.jpg

10802-inuse.jpg

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've been kicking around the idea of installing a lift, either 2 post or perhaps even buying a Quickjack. I just don't trust any jack or jack stand if I'm under the car without redundancy. I don't even trust my Race Ramps without adding jack stands as a fail safe. I've searched on this topic and the most often mentioned solution other than a professional or consumer grade lift solution is wood cribbing.

However, I think I've found a solution. I'm thinking about buying 1 or 2 of these below. Between the ramps I have, my trusty Arcan XL jack, jack stands, jacking rails and these I cannot think of a jacking situation that can't be covered with redundancy. They aren't cheap but still much cheaper than a lift.
Personally for just changing oil and working under the car for most jobs, I really think a good strong set of ramps are the safest option. I only use the jack stands when I rotate the tires, and I don't work under the car when doing that.

I too am seriously thinking of getting a lift when I build a new garage. But, that won't be for a couple years when financing is more available.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Personally for just changing oil and working under the car for most jobs, I really think a good strong set of ramps are the safest option. I only use the jack stands when I rotate the tires, and I don't work under the car when doing that.
I too am seriously thinking of getting a lift when I build a new garage. But, that won't be for a couple years when financing is more available.
Yeah, ramps and wheel cribs are fine...unless you need the suspension unloaded.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I do all the work on my vehicles unless it's covered under a warranty including rotating tires even when it's free from Discount, I don't like waiting and a little work is good on my chassis as I get older. So I do like options, I have a 2.5T floor jack, multiple bottle jacks, plastic ramps and a bunch of jack stands. Recently I picked up an air over hydraulic Pittsburg bottle jack from a pawn shop for 65 bucks. It's slow but easier to manage than the floor jack for placing jack stands under the truck for tire rotations.

The GT is a new situation, the plastic ramps worked fine for my 5.0 back in the late 90's but based on posts here, not a solution for a PP or lowered GT.

On the short, short list since I plan to change the oil soon is a low profile HF Daytona jack and jacking rails. It's not a must have when I can improvise and make the plastic ramps work or drive up on a few 2x12's and use the floor jack but I will need this gear soon enough.

I also plan on a resonator delete and that is where I would prefer cribbing but mine and the garage are still occupied by the Jeep chassis. I will say cribbing is cheap, strong and comforting working over, around and under so highly recommend it. Stacked they take up about the same room as a floor jack.

32705960908_7bf707855a_b.jpg

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Is it OK to put a GT 350/350R up on a 2-Post Lift using the Front K-Member where the two bolts attach it to
the car behind the front wheels?
Not too enthusiastic for using the Pinch Welds if not necessary. Looks like I have to use them for the rear
lift arms, unless someone has a better idea.
Sponsored