Calling all black car owners

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 shadow black mustang GT
Hey guys need some help. I have been having so much trouble spray waxing my mustang since I bought it in April. My first ever black car. I religiously used meguiars quik wax after every wash when I had my orange mustang and loved it .Now this black one is a whole new world. It leaves tons of streaks all over the car, and almost like hazy residue. What kind of spray wax do you guys use for after washes, and for a quik detailer. Please help.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you sprinkle some water on that wuick detailer haze and towel it, it should come off.

IMHO quick detailer is pretty worthless as a wax. Better to use true paste or liquid wax less often than to quick detail the entire car.

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
I stopped using spray wax and switched to Blackfire Crystal Seal and love it. Once Spring hits, I'm doing a ceramic coating (Mckee's 37 Paint Coating and may grab their 10min paint sealant too).

Edit: My reasoning for stopping spray wax was I felt the car got dirtier too easily. After switching to a sealant, it goes on far easier, never have smear marks, stays cleaner longer.

I'm having trouble finding Blackfire Crystal Seal as they must have replaced it, but this is pretty much the same thing. Autogeek has 25% off, so grab it and report back! https://www.autogeek.net/mckees37-10-minute-paint-sealant.html

Last edited:

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
As said above, it's better to use a good paste wax. I like Collinite 915 wax for my black car, it last significantly longer than most other waxes. I only use spray wax as a touch up, and for that I use Aero Cosmetics waterless wash and wax.

Lerxst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I don't currently have a black car, but I have had three. Black is just a color. The paint isn't any different, it's just that you are seeing things now that you didn't see before. Your orange car was streaking also, you just didn't see it.

It's not your choice in product - it almost never is.

Simply put, your paint is streaking and driving you crazy because the paint is not level. Paint is almost always jacked up right off the showroom floor - for many reasons - but mainly due to poor prep at the manufacturer, transportation handing (truck and train), poor handling by the lot boy at the dealership, and rail dust & fallout.

You absolutely must start with a good two-stage polish that can only be done by either a professional or yourself after much reading and study (and about $300 of stuff). TONS of stuff online. Start reading at sites like Autopia forum and ask questions.
Sponsored