• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: 8" Android Headunit

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm putting up my 8" Android headunit (more information in this thread and this forum in general). This is guaranteed to work in BASE 15-17 Mustangs, most likely the 18 as well but no promises on that. 90% won't work in a Premium but I didn't test that as I have a base model.

SOLD

I took several videos when I got the unit showing off the abilities such as running steering wheel controls, full Android Marshmallow, Google Maps, Waze, Google Play Music, Spotify, phone calls etc. I ran it using the CarWebGuru launcher instead of the stock one because it was so fluid and just looked great as an actual headunit interface with big buttons.

Here are some of the videos:

Issues I had with the unit:
  • Radio app wouldn't let me quick switch between stations listed on the left side so I had to switch lists (you can have 3 or 4 lists to switch between) - we believe this was an issue with my car/install as the other installer didn't have this problem
  • Startup: this has two modes. The one I used is that it starts up immediately with the car (including functioning backup camera) then restarts after about 20-30 seconds. This gave me enough time to start the car, back up and start driving before it rebooted. The other mode rebooted right away which took about 30 seconds to complete and sometimes double booted. Couldn't quite figure that quirk out, think it is related to the CANbus
Notes:
  • The 2 4G/LTE antennas will need new adhesive backing/3M tape as this was one use only
  • The GPS antenna isn't quite as bad as the 4G/LTE antennas, but I would put new 3M there as well
  • I forgot to sign out of my Google account so you're going to want to reset that and use your own
  • I'm including my stock A/C control panel in it so you don't have to worry about transferring that over at all.
  • FORScan programming is not required with this unit at all, completely plug and play
  • Does not have RCA outs
  • I have codes to get to factory settings and factory mode where you can adjust more hidden settings
  • Full Android on your headunit is fucking awesome

Only reason I took it out was to give Sync 3 and drive modes a shot and I really like drive modes on my V6 until I get a tune so I'm not going to be swapping it back. Overall, I really enjoyed the unit and having full Android on it.

If you have any questions, just let me know.
IMG_20180208_165953.jpg
IMG_20180213_083613 (1).jpg
IMG_20180213_082543 (1).jpg
IMG_20181113_191534.jpg
IMG_20181113_193107.jpg
IMG_20181113_193140.jpg
IMG_20181113_193118.jpg
IMG_20181113_193235.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Bump, still available

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
How was the OEM panel adapted to use the 8inch screen?
The 8" unit didn't come with the AC or radio controls (aka all the buttons/knobs below the screen). These were swapped over from the stock unit. Whoever buys this can keep their OEM equipment in one piece instead of having to do that part of the process.

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase