apexit53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1 handling pack
https://www.crbscca.com/

Hi everyone! I ask that you submit a letter to the SEB regarding letter number #25430 and that is to move the M3 competition package out of FS.

If you are for it, great if not no problem just please submit a letter on your thoughts. The group getting moved will always be the angriest and loudest so letters from the other side and neutral parties is always helpful!

Thanks

Mike
Sponsored

MrMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Base GT
What makes the M3 competition package unsuitable for FS?

From the specs I can find online the 2010-2013 M3 is v8, RWD, 400hp, 3700 pounds, with 9.5” wide wheels. Those specs seem similar to a lot of other FS cars, but I’m sure there’s an important part I’m missing.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
It might come down to nobody wants to compete with one particular nationally competitive driver.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I think if you’re really good, then it might be a little easier to get the W in that M3, despite the stats, its just dialed in better for this sort of thing, but locally in FS its always come down to the better driver.

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Having run an M3 for years, I find this funny. It's totally a driver mod. Tim Smith (ATL Region) and I ran our E46 & E90 back to back with each other taking turns in both cars. Turns out Tim's faster in both cars. But he was fastest in the E46. It has less torque and is just better at putting power to the pavement quicker. With that said, look who's behind the wheel before the car's logo. The M cars are all around easier to drive at their limits. That's the point of the car. Comp Pck has .5 wider wheels and is .25" lower, everything else is the same.

What is your suggestion? Would you move it to BS were it's 500-600lbs heavier than the rest of the class? It's not an AS or CS car.
Sponsored