TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know of any custom OBD-II PIDs that will display/log the g-forces displayed on the digital dash? I am using RaceChrono Pro.
Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I use RaceChrono and it gets the G values, I didn't have to do anything for it to get that data. Some of the cheap OBDII bluetooth adapters can only get a small amount of data, I bought one of the cheapies and it didn't get squat so upgraded to the OBDLink LX and it gets everything. Not even sure though if RaceChrono gets it from the OBDII, it might be getting it from the phone or elsewhere? I've never looked into it because it just worked right from the start.

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
I use RaceChrono and it gets the G values, I didn't have to do anything for it to get that data. Some of the cheap OBDII bluetooth adapters can only get a small amount of data, I bought one of the cheapies and it didn't get squat so upgraded to the OBDLink LX and it gets everything. Not even sure though if RaceChrono gets it from the OBDII, it might be getting it from the phone or elsewhere? I've never looked into it because it just worked right from the start.

I think it comes from the phone's internal sensors by default. I am using the MX+ which supports MS-CAN and I think MS-CAN should provide the information. I don't know a lot about it. I am going to see if Forscan can provide any insight.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
My dashcommand app does it in all the vehicles ive used it in, i dont think it uses gps either
(rental car)

looked up TORQ PID's
https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/PluginDocumentation
0xff1220 Accelerometer (X)
0xff1221 Accelerometer (Y)
0xff1222( Accelerometer (Z)
0xff1223 Accelerometer (Total)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
I read on the RC forums, that they use GPS data to calculate G forces
I notice in the OBDLink app under sensors that it shows that information but in RaceChrono the settings page would lead me to believe it comes from the phones internal sensors. The moderator on the RC forum responded to my questions with the following:

"It might be possible with upcoming feature "custom OBD-II channels". Maybe ask some knowledgeable Mustang forums, if there's a list of custom OBD-II PIDs available for your car."

And those custom PIDS might be what @ihasnostang is referring to.

My dashcommand app does it in all the vehicles ive used it in
So I wonder if there is a way to add those identifiers in RaceChrono. I am going to have to do some reading on this.

Thanks for the links
Sponsored