PP2 Down for the Count

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Any indication that this was coming on? Or, was it just fine one day and then this the next?
As stated, I’ve had oil replaced twice (yes they used 10 quarts). Car sees lots of track time, that’s why 2 changes in 3400 miles. Car has always run strong, no problems, typical engine noise (I think). I had just been to No Fly Zone, 1/2 mile race, ran a 145.5 mph, no issues and no noises. Pulled in garage and car sat for 3 days before I started it again. This time when I started it the tick was so loud, knew something wasn’t right. The service advisor said he listened to it along with the mechanics and he said it made the exact same noise as his F150 with a 5.0 and he got a new short block as well. He said no problems since. Dealer has been great so far, unfortunately it’s holidays so losing a couple days but they were right on it putting in request for parts and searching locally. And they gave me a loaner too.
Sponsored

Sponsored

ChosenJuan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Oh no! Hope they get you fixed soon, you just took it to the track recently too, right?

JD_GTPP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro, 2SS/1LE
Sorry to hear it man. Be sure to ride them hard to get it fixed.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
OP, it sounds like the dealer is doing right and they gave you a loaner besides. Good luck and i hope it all turns out right.

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ‘21 Mustang Mach-1
Sorry to hear. I have a PP2 in order and worried about this as I will track it as well.
Also curious if you had any diff overheats on track?

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa track time, any overheating issues? besides lunching the engine.
Sorry for delayed response, been very busy with work and Holidays.

I only had one overheating issue on a short track but was after many laps and I was coming off the track at the time the warning came on. After that I replaced diff and tranny with BG Fluid and have had no issues either on short or long tracks.

I have a whole write up somewhere in these forums of track events this past year, including track length, turns, outside temp, etc. Maybe you can search for it.

Cheers!

Sponsored
OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: Parts should be here tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday hopefully. They said two days to put together, so if all goes as planned I should have back by Wednesday, I hope.

We got a road trip caravan planned next week, as my friends new Porsche GT3 RS arrived and he needs to put 500 break in miles on as I do again now. So we got hopefully my Mustang, GT3 RS, Turbo S and Z06 hitting the winding roads of Arizona. Our planned trip is 509 miles, should be fun!

We got racing January 19 - 20, so we need to get them broke in. Picture of my friends GT3 RS, it is bad ass, can't wait to go out on the track with it!

I'll give update again once I have her safely in the garage.
IMG_0364.jpg

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Where you going on the 20th? I'll be at AMP doing auto x.

Btw nice color choice on the GT3

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where you going on the 20th? I'll be at AMP doing auto x.

Btw nice color choice on the GT3
We will be at Wild Horse Pass East Track 19-20.

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my car back yesterday! Have not driven far though just 2.5 miles from the dealer to garage. I am going out to Cars and Coffee tomorrow, so that will be my first real drive time.

Ford said the connector rod bearings were bad. Not sure what caused it but they were marked. Photo shows three bad ones (not sure if more were bad) and one new one.

We will see how it does, got to break it in again now.
image_1.jpg
IMG_0393.jpg

OP
OP
azelmo

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car's tick comes and goes. It's weird. When it does happen I can hear and feel the knock at idle with my windows up and radio off but then I drive it give it some RPM and it goes away.

Did your car ever do this @azelmo?
Yes, it went away under a load, as I was driving it to the the dealership I couldn't hear it. My engine always ticked a little bit, but this tick was very loud when I started it.
Sponsored