Sponsored

Chirping Noise Engine New Member First Impresssions

nockiefla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT-350
First Happy Holidays to all!

Picked up my Bullitt a little more than a month ago. Not my daily so I only have about 240 miles currently.

One strange issue to report so far. When starting from cold there is a constant chirping sound coming from the engine which lasts about 5 minutes and then goes away. Wonder if it could be an idler pulley or belt tensioner but you would think it would do it all the time if that was the issue? Hard to really tell where it is coming from but it also seems like it may be from the left side valve train when facing the car from the front.
I am hoping it will go away permanently with some more miles but who knows. It's definitely not the ticking everyone has been talking about. Dreading having to go to the dealer about this.

I have not taken it over 4K RPM's yet and I picked up my car with 6 miles on it so I know nobody had driven it before me.

Love the car so far but very disappointed in the overall build quality. Many paint flaws such as dirt in the paint in several spots. Paint bubble in the groove on the roof etc. I have owned many performance cars and this one I am sorry to say has the worst build of any of them IMHO.

Instead of the stupid vacuum gauge, I wish that would have been an oil temp instead. Would have been much more useful.

Don't want to ramble on so if anyone else has experienced the chirping I have described I would love to know what it was and if you had it resolved?
Sponsored

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
First Happy Holidays to all!

Picked up my Bullitt a little more than a month ago. Not my daily so I only have about 240 miles currently.

One strange issue to report so far. When starting from cold there is a constant chirping sound coming from the engine which lasts about 5 minutes and then goes away. Wonder if it could be an idler pulley or belt tensioner but you would think it would do it all the time if that was the issue? Hard to really tell where it is coming from but it also seems like it may be from the left side valve train when facing the car from the front.
I am hoping it will go away permanently with some more miles but who knows. It's definitely not the ticking everyone has been talking about. Dreading having to go to the dealer about this.

I have not taken it over 4K RPM's yet and I picked up my car with 6 miles on it so I know nobody had driven it before me.

Love the car so far but very disappointed in the overall build quality. Many paint flaws such as dirt in the paint in several spots. Paint bubble in the groove on the roof etc. I have owned many performance cars and this one I am sorry to say has the worst build of any of them IMHO.

Instead of the stupid vacuum gauge, I wish that would have been an oil temp instead. Would have been much more useful.

Don't want to ramble on so if anyone else has experienced the chirping I have described I would love to know what it was and if you had it resolved?
Hi, l thought l might be only one with this problem. Have exactly what you have described from new booked car into dealer but cancelled when l realised by the time l would have driven to my dealer noise would have disappeared due to engine being warm & dealer not having a courteous car for me to so l could leave car overnight so they could start it from cold. My mileage then was around 400 mile so l thought maybe more miles & it will disappear which it seemed to for a short time & now it is back again when engine is cold.

Car has now done over 600 miles so l am still hoping this will be the case. As you say it sounds like pulley or water pump noise but not sure. Apart from rear bumper where boot closes having a ragged edge not had any other problems. Love the car hope it stays trouble free we will have to wait & see.

OP
OP
nockiefla

nockiefla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT-350
Hi, l thought l might be only one with this problem. Have exactly what you have described from new booked car into dealer but cancelled when l realised by the time l would have driven to my dealer noise would have disappeared due to engine being warm & dealer not having a courteous car for me to so l could leave car overnight so they could start it from cold. My mileage then was around 400 mile so l thought maybe more miles & it will disappear which it seemed to for a short time & now it is back again when engine is cold.

Car has now done over 600 miles so l am still hoping this will be the case. As you say it sounds like pulley or water pump noise but not sure. Apart from rear bumper where boot closes having a ragged edge not had any other problems. Love the car hope it stays trouble free we will have to wait & see.
Thanks for your reply. What you describe is exactly what my car does as well. Such a strange noise. Definitely not normal. Maybe some other member will chime in about this chirping noise and have a solution.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I had a similar sound like this which would come and go. At 1877 miles I changed the oil. No more sound since then which was about 150 miles ago.
It doesn't sound good, for sure. Like a timing chain or something mechanical. Mine sounded the same way. I suggest at 500 miles you wring it out from time to time keeping it under redline.
Cars are meant to be driven. The Mustang Bullitt is meant to be driven aggressively from time to time. That rear axle cooler, engine cooler and 6 piston brakes are proof of that. Your car is under warranty, so don't think too much about it.
Worrying won't help, but will take some of your enthusiasm away.
Your car is good. Drive it, break it in. It is a stallion after all.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Sometimes you just need to drive that sports car like a stolen rental and sometimes you just have to drive that rental like a coveted sports car.

Hmmmmmmmm....why does this have a familiar ring to it? LOL!
Sponsored