Sponsored

Ford Racing TracKey

RTD

Threads
Reaction score
I have Track Key on my Boss. I just wish the aftermarket would either figure out how to add a performance tune on top of TK or build a performance tune with the engine braking on decel and two step launch control to replace it.
Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Gains of up to 60 pound-feet of torque at 1500 RPM and 16 horsepower and 7 pound-feet are available at the peak using the required 93 octane pump fuel.
This is what I'm most intrigued by. Peak improvement is not that significant, but an additional 60 pound-feet just off idle is huge. Low end torque (lack thereof) is my biggest complaint about the daily driving performance of my 2012.

Hoping some of this torque will get baked into the 2015's tune, but if not, I'll strongly consider whatever solution FRP offers for it, assuming I don't go full bore and strap a PD blower on it instead.

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If you look at the dealership info pdf, it shows there is a "track" mode for the premium gt, that is for "track use only" and not intended for roads, maybe this is something similar. This is not to be mistaken for the "sport" that is intended for road use.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
If you look at the dealership info pdf, it shows there is a "track" mode for the premium gt, that is for "track use only" and not intended for roads, maybe this is something similar. This is not to be mistaken for the "sport" that is intended for road use.

That is part of the selectable drive modes and alters Advance Trac intervention, steering setting, throttle response, and ties it all together with a single toggle switch. It does not alter the engine performance.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
That is part of the selectable drive modes and alters Advance Trac intervention, steering setting, throttle response, and ties it all together with a single toggle switch. It does not alter the engine performance.
that there is actually incorrect, with the selectable drive modes it DOES alter the throttle response and overall engine performance along with the stability programs in the car and has been stated by numerous magazines, motor trend, r&t, motor authority, c&d and even Ford. having the auto transmission it also alters the shifting either from soft all the way up to aggressive

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
the selectable drive modes can also be "customized" by your own prefferences, steering is actually a different toggle switch allowing you to make it lighter or more stiff. it is also available on the 14 mustang gt premium on the track apps

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
that there is actually incorrect, with the selectable drive modes it DOES alter the throttle response and overall engine performance along with the stability programs in the car and has been stated by numerous magazines, motor trend, r&t, motor authority, c&d and even Ford. having the auto transmission it also alters the shifting either from soft all the way up to aggressive
I didn't forget anything. The Track Mode of the Selectable drive modes does not alter engine performance, meaning horsepower/torque or the powerband. The FRPP tune does in fact alter engine performance, and such is different that the Track Mode.

the selectable drive modes can also be "customized" by your own prefferences, steering is actually a different toggle switch allowing you to make it lighter or more stiff. it is also available on the 14 mustang gt premium on the track apps
I am aware the steering setting is separate, but it also changes with the drive modes at once when the settings are set up by the driver.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
This is what I'm most intrigued by. Peak improvement is not that significant, but an additional 60 pound-feet just off idle is huge. Low end torque (lack thereof) is my biggest complaint about the daily driving performance of my 2012.

Hoping some of this torque will get baked into the 2015's tune, but if not, I'll strongly consider whatever solution FRP offers for it, assuming I don't go full bore and strap a PD blower on it instead.
If one goes for aftermarket headers, CAI, cat-back, would a BAMA or custom tune be a better option vis-a-vis the FRP tune?

Also, do you know if the custom/BAMA tunes changes the cam timing (for that lopey idle)? I agree, 60 pound-feet is significant at low RPM, to me of much more worth than peak gains.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I didn't forget anything. The Track Mode of the Selectable drive modes does not alter engine performance, meaning horsepower/torque or the powerband. The FRPP tune does in fact alter engine performance, and such is different that the Track Mode.

I am aware the steering setting is separate, but it also changes with the drive modes at once when the settings are set up by the driver.
damn I think I missed the throttle response that you stated....lol ...my bad.. I am aware it's not going to affect hp though. that is a no brainer there but the automatics change the shifting characteristics. I am not getting an auto though, I like the fun of shifting and passively think it makes you more attentive to driving. I watched that video of that ecoboost demo of them driving and it seemed pretty comprehensive about the eco with the paddle shift auto and it's features

Sponsored

Pablo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
If one goes for aftermarket headers, CAI, cat-back, would a BAMA or custom tune be a better option vis-a-vis the FRP tune?

Also, do you know if the custom/BAMA tunes changes the cam timing (for that lopey idle)? I agree, 60 pound-feet is significant at low RPM, to me of much more worth than peak gains.
Yes, if you are doing headers you are going to want a custom tune. Also remember some of the gain is coming from the 93 octane tune.

Gains of up to 60 pound-feet of torque at 1500 RPM and 16 horsepower and 7 pound-feet are available at the peak using the required 93 octane pump fuel.

KGrGunMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I've been use to racing cars with throttle by cable and I can feel that slight delay caused by my '05's throttle by wire. I also know in the last 10 years throttle by wire has advanced, but I was wondering if anyone could give any input, with comparison to a direct cable in the various throttle mapping modes?

I assume the "normal" mode would have quite a bit of lag compared to a direct cable and the "track" throttle mapping would try to have little to no lag, attempting to behave like a direct cable would; would it even be theoretically possible for one to get faster throttle behavior than a cable?

I've always played with older cars and am wanting to learn about this type of system.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Yes, if you are doing headers you are going to want a custom tune. Also remember some of the gain is coming from the 93 octane tune.

Thanks Pablo. Ok, I will do a custom tune after a year or so of ownership - I have a solid tuner here who did my friends Boss 302. Sadly, we get 91/92 octane here. GRRR
Sponsored