Attention Steeda Experts: Suspension my ride

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
My money is sitting there ready to spin.

Here is deal:

2018 Mustang GT A10 301A (Its a non PP base model with only the tech package added, which has the 9 speaker sound system, tech package, navigation, selectable drive modes etc.).

it has the GT base brakes and suspension. I plan to take advantage of the fact that i did not buy either of the PP by doing my own upgrades without fretting about pulling off stuff i paid extra for.

I am 47 years old. I do not track. I do prefer a comfortable ride with one caveat...i will take every bit of performance i can squeeze in that still qualifies as "comfortable". I do now want hard, jarring, banging SVT GT500, GT350R track type of set up.

I went with 20 inch wheels as i may (or i may not not), go with big brake upgrades in the future and i like low profile tires. I have 20x8.5s on front and 20x10s on the back with 255 tires up front and 305s in the rear. (yes it is a wheel and tire package from American Muscle).

Now i have a gap over my wheels....in the back it doesn't bother me but i don't care for it in the front.

The overall look of my car is some type of small tribute to a 1969 Mach 1. (I have quarter scoops and a cervini grill ordered). It is a work in progress

So Steeda experts.....suspension my ride.

I am thinking adjustable shocks so that i can run them soft on road trips to the dragons tail and then dial them up hard for a day or running the twisties. I am not sure if that is REALLY what i need..so i am asking you. If that IS what i need then additional questions come up. Which springs to put with it? Dual Rates, Progressives, Linears ultra lights? Do i need to upgrade my base GT sway bars and add strut tower bracing...if so, do i do it now..or later?

What is going to give me that comfortable ride while still letting me hang the arse out on exit/on ramps or horse around late at night and run up and drive the dragons tail in carolina but also not make me hate the car when i am driving on all the shaty roads in down town atlanta, charleston, charlotte, norfolk, etc.

I have a trip to TN coming up and id love to have my suspension done in time to hit that 70mph speed limit slalom going up and down those mountains to Nashville (and i may "eek" just a "tad" over 70 when coming out of those long sweepers.....) but i know I probably wont get it done in time for the trip...(this time).....
43103008_328690257905812_8261494302526406656_o.jpg
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
p.m. coming!

TJ

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
p.m. coming!

TJ
Thanks for the email introduction. Haven't heard anything back yet but it is Monday and one can hardly expect a rapid reply on a Monday. :)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We got you covered - I will have Brian get you all squared away tomorrow, working late to catch-up!

TJ

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
We got you covered - I will have Brian get you all squared away tomorrow, working late to catch-up!

TJ
Got it. He made one heck of a set of recommendations. He may have been basing it on the fact that i already put 255s/305s on the car. If i do it all it will basically what is on your race car. The only difference i saw was the use of progressive shocks instead of the dual stage but it would have "the works" on it and worth of that G track suspension badge. Would make a nice edition to my project car thread as well as some discussion here for sure. If i do all that i might as well get the front fasica, rear spoiler, CAI and steeda tune! Might as well just badge it as a Steeda stang ha.

I sent back a list of 4 or 5 questions and am waiting on a reply. If he is in Valdosta, i do not expect an answer any time soon. Micheal is raising H-E double hockey sticks in south GA. Hope everyone is safe.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Got it. He made one heck of a set of recommendations. He may have been basing it on the fact that i already put 255s/305s on the car. If i do it all it will basically what is on your race car. The only difference i saw was the use of progressive shocks instead of the dual stage but it would have "the works" on it and worth of that G track suspension badge. Would make a nice edition to my project car thread as well as some discussion here for sure. If i do all that i might as well get the front fasica, rear spoiler, CAI and steeda tune! Might as well just badge it as a Steeda stang ha.

I sent back a list of 4 or 5 questions and am waiting on a reply. If he is in Valdosta, i do not expect an answer any time soon. Micheal is raising H-E double hockey sticks in south GA. Hope everyone is safe.
Just checking in did our team get back to you on your latest request?

Thanks Steeda Tech

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Late to this post now. But if you want the best handling stang you can get. You need to run a square stance and get more rubber up front where all the cars weight is
Sponsored