Sponsored

Trusted service dealership in MD/DC/VA area?

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard stories of service dealerships not torquing oil filter correctly or spill oil under the hood. I'm going to take my GT350 in for an oil change this year. I want a dealership near me around the DC/MD/VA area who has worked on GT350s and treat them like their own. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
I've heard stories of service dealerships not torquing oil filter correctly or spill oil under the hood. I'm going to take my GT350 in for an oil change this year. I want a dealership near me around the DC/MD/VA area who has worked on GT350s and treat them like their own. Any recommendations?
This isn't the answer you asked for, but it is the best that I can do. First, if you have access in any way to an appropriate place to do the work yourself, I strongly recommend that you do it yourself. There are very helpful threads on changing oil and filter on this site and it is not a hard job to learn. Put another way, if you want a job done right - really right - you probably want to do it yourself. A dealership works on a tight time frame trying to get as much done as possible in as short a time as possible. The level of cleanliness and care that you are seeking is unlikely to be available on a lube rack - which is an entry level job.

Second, if you simply can't do it yourself, don't limit your horizons to dealerships. There likely is an independent shop in your area that caters to enthusiasts. Get to know the people there and explain what you are looking for. Recognize that you are looking for outstanding service. Outstanding service comes at a price. Don't expect to get outstanding service and the $29.95 oil change at the same time.

Third, here is the tricky part. I don't come from your area, but by an odd set of circumstances, I do know someone who may be reasonably close to you (Stirling, VA) that could handle your needs and would understand your concerns. The company is Undisputed Auto Care and Justin Morrow is the owner. I've known Justin since he was knee high to a grasshopper. He comes from an enthusiast background (his father and I used to race motorcycles together) and he decided to go into car repair rather than go to college. If you do go there, feel free to use my name (Ted Johnson) and tell him to call me if he has any questions about the peculiar needs of the GT350. Recommending an auto repair shop is a tricky business since they don't remain static. I do recommend Justin without hesitation, though.

I hope this helps,
<TED>

OP
OP
BoomBoy

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I've changed the oil myself last two years. This time around I don't have access to a lift. I'm not too comfortable to jack my car up in my tight backyard carport. If there is a local self service, it would be my choice but the other choice is a trusted dealership I would take back in case there is a need for warranty work.

I have it scheduled with the Ford dealership in Falls Church, VA this Wednesday since they sell GT350s and I've heard a few good words about them. Cross my fingers.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
I've changed the oil myself last two years. This time around I don't have access to a lift. I'm not too comfortable to jack my car up in my tight backyard carport. If there is a local self service, it would be my choice but the other choice is a trusted dealership I would take back in case there is a need for warranty work.

I have it scheduled with the Ford dealership in Falls Church, VA this Wednesday since they sell GT350s and I've heard a few good words about them. Cross my fingers.
It's pretty cold for a carport this time of year, too!

<TED>

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP

Just seeing this. I had a bad experience at that dealer in Falls Church. I’m in SOMD and change my own oil. The dealer here Lexington Park is ok fit warranty work so far. I have heard of mixed results at Koons.

I agree, with Ted, find an Inde shop. I have one here that does all the service for my daily drivers. But he is cash only and mostly imports, Porsche, land Rovers, BMW etc Most places like that will have some sort of pride in their work because they don’t have the corporate pressures.
Sponsored