Sponsored

2.5 months left on warranty, A/C just died

Festivus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT CS
I was planning on purchasing the extended warranty for this exact issue and I think I still will buy it with so many that have had problems even after repairs have been made.

My symptoms were:
1.) Last week I noticed the A/C light above the Auto was on. Normally that light goes out in Auto mode in the winter months unless the inside temperature is warm enough to require A/C.
2.) I noticed the radiator fan was running at high speed all the time, even when I first started the car in the morning

I be taking it in this week...

John
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
yep... sounds like the evap core.

The thing I learned (mine went out after 36,000 miles) is that by paying for the replacement (should it fail) you get a 2year/unlimited mile warranty on the new one... just something to weigh against the price of an extended warranty.

OP
OP
Festivus

Festivus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT CS
yep... sounds like the evap core.

The thing I learned (mine went out after 36,000 miles) is that by paying for the replacement (should it fail) you get a 2year/unlimited mile warranty on the new one... just something to weigh against the price of an extended warranty.
That's good to know, thanks!

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
You get a warranty on the parts, although i'm not sure about the labor?

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, F-350 Crewcab FX4 Lariat 4x4
I'd have to say that you were pretty lucky that your AC bit the dust right now. Still have a couple of months warranty and as long as you take it in and get it documented your good to go.

I would still go with the Ford Extended Warranty. If you don't need it, OH WELL. But if you do it will most likely pay for itself quickly.

I purchased one for my F350 PSD Lariat 4x4 simply because of the history of radiators leaks. One radiator replacement and my warranty has paid for itself. I also purchased one for our 2013 Taurus SHO just in case Murphy's Law stepped in to ruin another wise good day. Found my best price at Flood Ford but that's been a few years back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Festivus

Festivus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT CS
I'd have to say that you were pretty lucky that your AC bit the dust right now. Still have a couple of months warranty and as long as you take it in and get it documented your good to go.

I would still go with the Ford Extended Warranty. If you don't need it, OH WELL. But if you do it will most likely pay for itself quickly.

I purchased one for my F350 PSD Lariat 4x4 simply because of the history of radiators leaks. One radiator replacement and my warranty has paid for itself. I also purchased one for our 2013 Taurus SHO just in case Murphy's Law stepped in to ruin another wise good day. Found my best price at Flood Ford but that's been a few years back.

I was very lucky, AC goes out in the winter months and the warranty ends before the AC would likely be needed again. I think I would have been ok because I had already decided to get the extended warranty but had I not bought it I would have been looking at an expensive repair next spring.

I’ve been watching a few sites for about 6 months now. So far Flood Ford has the best prices. I will likely go with the 7 yr 60k. I only have 22k after almost 3 yrs so miles aren’t an issue. They want $700 for the ExtraCare package with $100 deductible. With all the electronics I think it’s the best plan

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I was very lucky, AC goes out in the winter months and the warranty ends before the AC would likely be needed again. I think I would have been ok because I had already decided to get the extended warranty but had I not bought it I would have been looking at an expensive repair next spring.

I’ve been watching a few sites for about 6 months now. So far Flood Ford has the best prices. I will likely go with the 7 yr 60k. I only have 22k after almost 3 yrs so miles aren’t an issue. They want $700 for the ExtraCare package with $100 deductible. With all the electronics I think it’s the best plan
I just got the 84/125 from them. When you consider the potential cost of an out of warranty repair for drive train and electronics I couldn't convince myself not to do it. Worst case I paid an extra 2 car payments-ish not to have to worry about throughout ownership.

I'm debating about getting the service plan. In doing the math for 6 years I'd be at 85 bucks an oil change. If I get wipers or brake pads out of it it goes down even more. Seems like it might be worth it since I'm sure the dealer is going to be close to 80 bucks a change with 12 quarts of oil. I'll have to call and make sure I'm close to that.

I realize Ford isn't in the business of losing money on these things. I'm betting that many folks buy these and don't keep the car long enough to use them. Even if they transfer the warranty. Also the odds of the vehicle needing anything major during the period is slim.

OP
OP
Festivus

Festivus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT CS
Update: Just got a call from the service department. Dashboard is coming out and evaporator is being replaced....

Deleted member 35786

Update: Just got a call from the service department. Dashboard is coming out and evaporator is being replaced....
Welcome to the club! :) (sarcasm)
There is an entire thread dedicated to the infamous evap core..
Sponsored