Sponsored

Had fun, thanks for the good time!

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Just traded in the mustang. Went with a gas sipping CUV. Toyota Rav4 AWD. Gonna save me a couple Benjamins a month and get the kids where they need to go. Plus, in my area it's gotten out of hand with the clowns driving crazy when they saw my car. Just decided to go grey man and blend in. I just sold my tuner here and will be selling a couple more things in the marketplace. Thank you for being a good car forum!
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Just traded in the mustang. Went with a gas sipping CUV. Toyota Rav4 AWD. Gonna save me a couple Benjamins a month and get the kids where they need to go. Plus, in my area it's gotten out of hand with the clowns driving crazy when they saw my car. Just decided to go grey man and blend in. I just sold my tuner here and will be selling a couple more things in the marketplace. Thank you for being a good car forum!

Well have fun wherever you go. Where do you guys get the cash to buy expensive high end Mustangs and then sell them a year or so later and get another car? Especially with a family? I probably got the cheapest Mustang on this board and the idea was to drive it till the car disintegrated and so far the thing has not had one single problem 30,000kms in.

Mustangs have the most insane depreciation so I just don’t get it. The guys who say they have to sell because their commute has changed and they can’t afford to pay more gas means they spent all their disposable income on the car and now they have to sell and also take a huge cash hit to the nuts! That was just bad financial planning from the get go.

Then there are the guys who also mention the cryptic statements about other drivers which probably means the guy got into some action on the road that could have got him killed or seriously injured - finally had a moment of clarity that he loved his family more than this bull shit - and sells the car for a loss. This makes some sense if this was the first performance car, just don’t go back there again as someone seems to have less self-discipline to just drive the car normally.

It’s a shame anyway you look at it as these cars are genuinely pretty to walk up to every day. You have to live with a car and one that rattles the fillings in your mouth because of a harsh suspension won’t do as a daily. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda... Two guys within a few blocks of me sold their Mustangs within a year or so and that left only me with my lowly V6. Now there is a fancy smancie GT with special body work mostly just parked in the driveway. I don’t see this one sticking around either. Then it will be just me and I’m an old guy. Me thinks if most just scaled back their bravado a bit and bought a more livable Mustang, they probably would drive it for 10 years...

Anyway, have fun with the new drive. Cars are replaceable but people aren’t. If that’s the case then the cash does not matter. Happy trails!

Last edited:

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Don't understand people talking about other drivers bumping them, I never have anyone mess with me. Maybe because I don't have loud pipes or drive different.
Maybe because I don't have a GT, who knows. But whatever makes the wife happy.

Rav4 must be a good vehicle cause they are everywhere.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Don't understand people talking about other drivers bumping them, I never have anyone mess with me. Maybe because I don't have loud pipes or drive different.

Yah, you can read between the lines. But I have a soft spot for these guys if this is their first performance car. Got to scratch that itch. But if you can’t control yourself with the other speed demons then selling is the best way to deal with that!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
There's something to be said for being invisible.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Yeah it cracks me up when the guy charges up his CC for speed parts with the 3 month old baby in the background... First world priorities.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think your kids can pay for themselves to go to college but I suppose that's just coming from someone who has never received a hand out. We'll miss ya. Enjoy the RAV4.

Last edited:

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

We bought my wife a Rav4, great car. Not a single issue. Considering hanging on to it until my son/daughter is old enough to drive and make him/her buy it from us.

My Mustang will never be my primary source of transportation. I just sold my motorcycle/all my gear because of the inevitable wreck with a texting driver. I guess I am lucky to have a work truck for free.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
You holding onto the XJ?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
You don't have to be loud. You don't have to be different. You just need to run across a dimwit.

Case in point, dashcam video from my Tacoma while picking my daughter up at Logan Airport this morning.

The black Lexus had done exactly the same jam-in routine to me about 1/2 mile earlier at the prior merge. Clearly not a one-time behavior for her.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....it's gotten out of hand with the clowns driving crazy when they saw my car......
No one cared about your car. They weren't driving crazy because of you or your car.

That's a bit of narcissism, really.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
No one cared about your car. They weren't driving crazy because of you or your car.

The key word was “they” or was it “he” or a combination of both... :cwl:

OP
OP
scrubber3

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You holding onto the XJ?
For now. I'll be restoring it by summer hopefully. Gonna be my toy that won't get me a ticket.

Reactions: Ebm
OP
OP
scrubber3

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Says the guy from NOVA...

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
For now. I'll be restoring it by summer hopefully. Gonna be my toy that won't get me a ticket.
Sorry to see you had to sell. You probably won't enjoy driving the RAV 4 as much as your Mustang, but you probably already know that.

As for tickets and crazy drivers....I see them every time I am on the road. Many times there is little reason for what people do, but they do it anyway and it rarely involves someone getting on it because they see a Mustang or its ilk. There are too many people out there driving around texting, talking on the phone etc to avoid seeing nuts behind the wheel. I think you just remember the few that target cars like Mustangs.

As for tickets, I have gotten speeding tickets in my youth in cars with less than 100 hp, so it is generally the driver not the car they are driving that tries to bend the rules.

Good luck and hopefully a Mustang or similar is in your future.
Sponsored