Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.transfueler.com
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I've only gotten positive comments about my Mustang. And usually from younger guys who appreciate the 5.0...
Get a lot of good comments in our 450SL, and just get stares when I drive my Aston Martin DB7... :sun:
Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
You only get stares when you drive the Aston Martin because you are perceived as “out of reach”. Drive it only when you do not feel like socializing

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Men of all ages love that a woman drives a Mustang to begin with.

In seriousness, any woman who says this is jealous of you and probably drives an old Prius
Both these statements x100 ;)

Also: middle aged men (44 here) describes the vast majority people driving one here in The Netherlands. This is mainly because of the high retail prices (north of 70k USD) for recent models and old-timers being a second (or third) car project, which involves importing lots of parts from the USA, which is also not cheap.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Well it's basically a "Kid car" as far as I'm concerned but one that no kid can afford, let alone the insurance that goes with it at that age. Thus you see more older guys in one.

IMVHO

Sponsored

Automobilist

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.transfueler.com
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You only get stares when you drive the Aston Martin because you are perceived as “out of reach”. Drive it only when you do not feel like socializing
Which is really fine for me. I primarily own and drive neat cars because I like the driving experience, not because I want to make an impression. I guess that's why I don't bling them out with add-on spoilers, stripes, etc. Simple & clean, like my race cars. :wink: (oops, they have "racing" stripes... :giggle:)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my first brand new Mustang in the fall of 1981. It was a silver 1982 Mustang GT. 4 speed with overdrive, 302 2bbl "HO" with the amazing horsepower of 157. "Larger 2 bbl carb". Factory air dam (like you installed), spoiler, TRX wheels and Michelin tires. Very cool for it's day. I foolishly got no a/c or AM/FM radio. Only AM.
Back in that day we were tough and didn't need or want AC people in this day and time couldn't live with out it.

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
I was just chatting on Face Book (kinda slow at work right now) about how some women I know have rather snide attitudes about older guys with Mustangs.

"I love it when females I know toss out hints about how they perceive middle-aged men in Mustangs/Camaros/etc. Like we're all lecherous mid-life crisis victims cruising bars for women 1/2 our age, trying to re-live our youth.

The easiest way to deflect the non-sense is to mention that such cars attract other dudes virtually exclusively. It takes too long to explain the fun/hobby/relaxation/enjoyment, etc. to people that view cars as nothing more than a necessary evil."

I think that most car-guys experience such silly crap. Thoughts?
MUSTANG GT
If I have to explain it ... You wouldn't understand

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
Damn right. We ordered cars with no A/C, crank windows, no power brakes or power steering. The last vehicle like that that we had around here was my dads S-10 pick up, 1985.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Met my wife at a car show when I drove a lifted truck. Later on met my girlfriend at a Starbucks when I drove a Mustang. The wife likes both.
It's nice that your wife likes your Mustang and your girlfriend, do they hang out together? Mine shop for clothes and lingerie together.

Sponsored

fabianvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 5.0
I love my mustang! I don’t care what other people think. Drive what makes you happy
DvSdjo2_d.jpg

We also have a couple higher tier cars and they still get most looks from males lol. Pulling their girlfriends to look

kIfXCTL_d.jpg

In life do whatever you want. Haters gonna hate :like:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
In the convertible world it seems that the Mustang is appreciated by both genders... I've had more women comment on my Vert than the coupe. One even mentioned to my wife about how much she loved the corsa exhaust and regular cars sound so dull! Another time I was walking out of Home Depot and a lady who worked there was leaving for the day. She made a joke about how nice it was that I delivered the car to her.. she then went on to comment on how beautiful the car was....
Regardless, i've had people comment about the mid life (or late life) crises, but it's all in jest and I don't take it seriously even if they are being serious. This is a Mustang, not a Lambo, Ferrari, or something ridiculously over the top.... not that there is anything wrong with owning one of those super cars either...

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Out of those four I'd take the Mustang, unless I was selling it.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Like we're all lecherous mid-life crisis victims cruising bars for women 1/2 our age, trying to re-live our youth.
You say that like it's a bad thing. :)

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Both these statements x100 ;)

Also: middle aged men (44 here) describes the vast majority people driving one here in The Netherlands. This is mainly because of the high retail prices (north of 70k USD) for recent models and old-timers being a second (or third) car project, which involves importing lots of parts from the USA, which is also not cheap.
There was a huge celebration for your purchase over there if I remember correctly?
Sponsored