Sponsored

Perceptions of Middle-age Men in Mustangs

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
So, after reading these comments, does anybody really believe you can pick up girls because they drive a mustang?
What, and add another 135 pounds of useless weight to the car? No way!
If I wanted to hear a whine I'd buy a supercharger.
Sponsored

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
I was just chatting on Face Book (kinda slow at work right now) about how some women I know have rather snide attitudes about older guys with Mustangs.

"I love it when females I know toss out hints about how they perceive middle-aged men in Mustangs/Camaros/etc. Like we're all lecherous mid-life crisis victims cruising bars for women 1/2 our age, trying to re-live our youth.

The easiest way to deflect the non-sense is to mention that such cars attract other dudes virtually exclusively. It takes too long to explain the fun/hobby/relaxation/enjoyment, etc. to people that view cars as nothing more than a necessary evil."

I think that most car-guys experience such silly crap. Thoughts?
Sounds Right to Me :cool:

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I am past the mid life crisis stage of my life. I got mine just because I liked the body lines and that it was reliable for a performance street car.
Yep. I couldn't give a crap who liked my car or not. I liked it and that's all that matters.

Guys love it - yikes. It's invisible to women because it's not a fancy European or luxo premium Japanese brand

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
We did factory delivery in Munich on my first BMW (pick up the car at the factory, get $3k off the price, and they give you a one month German registration with insurance), followed by a road trip to Switzerland. When I got home, people asked how fast I got it up to on the autobahn. My standard answer was "About 120, when the overspeed alert started going off in the passenger's seat."

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I've gotten the occasional eye-roll from family members and friends who chuckle at the seemingly never-ending rotation of motorcycles (8) and cars (6) coming out of my garage since 2005. Funny enough though that three of my friends have also bought Mustangs in the past couple years. But then I am not married (at the moment) and don't have any kids so I have to spend my time and money on something, and I've enjoyed every second of my automotive endeavors. As for women's thoughts/opinions on it? At age 42 I couldn't really give a crap. Most women would be more impressed in the pension I'll start pulling in 11 years... but that's what pre-nups and vasectomies are for.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I couldn't afford my 1st Mustang until I was 55 that's when I bought my 15 convertible I got it with the wife's blessings. I have grown up around Mustangs my dad bought my mom a brand new 68 Mustang hard top Candy Apple Red and I was hooked. I've worked at Ford dealers over the years and I was the one who put the front air dam on the 1st 1982 GT to arrive at the dealership. When people ask me if it's my mid life crises car I jokingly say No it's my gift from my wife for surviving my mid life crises.
Should have gotten a real car like a Camaro :)

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I couldn't afford my 1st Mustang until I was 55 that's when I bought my 15 convertible I got it with the wife's blessings. I have grown up around Mustangs my dad bought my mom a brand new 68 Mustang hard top Candy Apple Red and I was hooked. I've worked at Ford dealers over the years and I was the one who put the front air dam on the 1st 1982 GT to arrive at the dealership. When people ask me if it's my mid life crises car I jokingly say No it's my gift from my wife for surviving my mid life crises.
I ordered my first brand new Mustang in the fall of 1981. It was a silver 1982 Mustang GT. 4 speed with overdrive, 302 2bbl "HO" with the amazing horsepower of 157. "Larger 2 bbl carb". Factory air dam (like you installed), spoiler, TRX wheels and Michelin tires. Very cool for it's day. I foolishly got no a/c or AM/FM radio. Only AM.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
My 54 year old wife loves the car. I told my wife I was trading my truck on a Mustang, and she asked if she could go with for the test drive. My 34 year old girlfriend hasn't ridden in it! LOL.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I honestly don't care what women think of my cars. I like sporty, great driving, handling and sounding cars (and trucks). I always have. I'm 60 and love my 2018 Mustang GT. I picked it out carefully and over a C7 Corvette and it was a bargain at 30K. I tend to drive cars much younger than my age suggests I should drive. I will never, ever own a cookie cutter car or old fart Lincoln or similar car.

Although she prefers Chevys and Camaros, my GF likes it too- the V8 and manual transmission and she loves the sound and loves to watch me row the gears.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was just chatting on Face Book (kinda slow at work right now) about how some women I know have rather snide attitudes about older guys with Mustangs.

"I love it when females I know toss out hints about how they perceive middle-aged men in Mustangs/Camaros/etc. Like we're all lecherous mid-life crisis victims cruising bars for women 1/2 our age, trying to re-live our youth.

The easiest way to deflect the non-sense is to mention that such cars attract other dudes virtually exclusively. It takes too long to explain the fun/hobby/relaxation/enjoyment, etc. to people that view cars as nothing more than a necessary evil."

I think that most car-guys experience such silly crap. Thoughts?
Once you get past that middle age crap and into the realm of the old, you stop giving a crap about perceptions, opinions, or even feedback.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I’m a middle aged female and never have this problem. Hehe
Men of all ages love that a woman drives a Mustang to begin with. It’s funny when you guys clearly show surprise when we step out of our GT

In seriousness, any woman who says this is jealous of you and probably drives an old Prius
Sponsored