Sponsored

Don't have it but still plotting mods...

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm anticipating making the big purchase after January, As that's when my Bonus, and raise come. Since I mod everything I have I'm already plotting things for this.

If anyone would be kind enough I'd like some feedback on the following:
PP2 suspension
PP2 lip <-- unsure if this fits
Stock appearance wheels but PP2 width
FPP resonator delete
FPP short shifter
Dyno tune <-- I'm local to Lund so he would likely be doing this.
20% tint

I'm trying to keep as much as I can Ford parts.Just going for a mild handling increase mostly. Something just enough that you have to look at it, and drive it to tel its not stock. Subtle stuff.

Feedback would be VERY welcome.
Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I'm anticipating making the big purchase after January, As that's when my Bonus, and raise come. Since I mod everything I have I'm already plotting things for this.

If anyone would be kind enough I'd like some feedback on the following:
PP2 suspension
PP2 lip <-- unsure if this fits
Stock appearance wheels but PP2 width
FPP resonator delete
FPP short shifter
Dyno tune <-- I'm local to Lund so he would likely be doing this.
20% tint

I'm trying to keep as much as I can Ford parts.Just going for a mild handling increase mostly. Something just enough that you have to look at it, and drive it to tel its not stock. Subtle stuff.

Feedback would be VERY welcome.
You definitely need hood struts and a coolant tank cover to clean up the engine bay

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Hood Struts - Definately
Blank Rear Decklid Panel - possibly, depends on if you like that HUGE rear badge.
Engine Bay - appearance mods - NONE WHAT-SO-EVER
Pedal Max (or equivalent) Highly Recomended
PP2 mods - Not unless you are REALLY into superior handling at the sacrifice of drivability. Read a few of the PP2 reviews in magazines.
Tune - I'd be cautious with a tune since the Bullitt has a VERY specific tune. Let others be the Guinea Pig on this.
Resonator Delete - Considering this one myself. Possibly an H-pipe. Again. Let others try it first. Haven't heard any sound clips yet.
Shifter - Personallly, I like the shifter. It's not perfect, but I think an aftermarket shifter would be a little too nuch.
PP2 Lip - HELL NO. That thing looks ridiculous. Unless you're into competative road course racing it's pointless.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Hood Struts - Definately
Blank Rear Decklid Panel - possibly, depends on if you like that HUGE rear badge.
Engine Bay - appearance mods - NONE WHAT-SO-EVER
Pedal Max (or equivalent) Highly Recomended
PP2 mods - Not unless you are REALLY into superior handling at the sacrifice of drivability. Read a few of the PP2 reviews in magazines.
Tune - I'd be cautious with a tune since the Bullitt has a VERY specific tune. Let others be the Guinea Pig on this.
Resonator Delete - Considering this one myself. Possibly an H-pipe. Again. Let others try it first. Haven't heard any sound clips yet.
Shifter - Personallly, I like the shifter. It's not perfect, but I think an aftermarket shifter would be a little too nuch.
PP2 Lip - HELL NO. That thing looks ridiculous. Unless you're into competative road course racing it's pointless.

Not sure what you mean buy this its likely just the same tune Ford will give you to flash your normal 5.0 when you put the FPP package on it. Either way it wouldn't be any different than tuning a normal GT, just a different intake manifold.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Not sure what you mean buy this its likely just the same tune Ford will give you to flash your normal 5.0 when you put the FPP package on it. Either way it wouldn't be any different than tuning a normal GT, just a different intake manifold.
The Bullitt's calibration has been optimized for that intake manifold. The intake manifold is an adaptation of the GT350 one, not the exact piece according to someone who works for Ford Performance who posted in another online group. In my opinion, doing that is not worth the risk.

Also, if you remove the resonator, you've now possibly changed the tone of the Bullitt exhaust, which is part of its character. Some people might care about that. I did hear a clip in a Bullitt Facebook group, and it sounded like a louder Mustang GT after the resonator was replaced with a delete part.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The Bullitt's calibration has been optimized for that intake manifold. The intake manifold is an adaptation of the GT350 one, not the exact piece according to someone who works for Ford Performance who posted in another online group. In my opinion, doing that is not worth the risk.

Also, if you remove the resonator, you've now possibly changed the tone of the Bullitt exhaust, which is part of its character. Some people might care about that. I did hear a clip in a Bullitt Facebook group, and it sounded like a louder Mustang GT after the resonator was replaced with a delete part.
I'm still not sure why the word "risk" is used at all. There is no risk for anything. Other than my warranty. Any tuner worth his salt wont care at all about the intake manifold even if I built my own, they would be able to tune for it.

My understanding that the change in tone for the BULLITT was like the Mach1 and mostly due to the custom mufflers for it. That is the easiest way to get an tone change. I'd like to find an actual parts number listing between the BULLITT and GT.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I'm still not sure why the word "risk" is used at all. There is no risk for anything. Other than my warranty. Any tuner worth his salt wont care at all about the intake manifold even if I built my own, they would be able to tune for it.

My understanding that the change in tone for the BULLITT was like the Mach1 and mostly due to the custom mufflers for it. That is the easiest way to get an tone change. I'd like to find an actual parts number listing between the BULLITT and GT.
I used risk in the sense of warranty and what I perceive as a value equation that for me is not worth the result.

Regarding tone, the custom active exhaust tuning, as I believe you are aware, is specific to the Bullitt with that end-to-end configuration from air intake to muffler tips, assuming that resonator is in place. I believe the muffler is the same as the GT if I remember hearing correctly from a video where the chief engineer was interviewed. However, as soon as the resonator is replaced, the sound waves, I believe, are going to be traveling differently. I didn't expect a difference in the tone, but that's what I heard on someone's video. It could be my ears, but the sound was louder and less deep. I also didn't hear the same burble.

Of course, this all individual preference. Let me see if I can find that video clip.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Please post if you find it. I'd love to see/hear a clip that compares the standard GT's active exhaust to the Bullitt's.
Sponsored