Sponsored

Perceptions of Middle-age Men in Mustangs

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I’m 53 with Mustang and twenty year old gf..
Overall, the car will be cheaper in the long run. Much cheaper.
Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
2) Saving $40-50K versus an M3/RS5 Vert for the same performance AND having an almost blank canvas to modify? Priceless!
When I first started looking at getting back into a sports coupe I was looking at Audi S5. We own a Q5 with the 3.0t motor and I love it, so I thought the S5 would be a great choice. But when reality of the pricing set in, the Mustang GT was a no-brainer. The performance per $ is excellent, especially compared to the German offerings. For the price I paid my GT, I'd be buying a 3+ year old S5, in need of brakes, tires, maintenance and such, instead of a new GT. Plus in the longterm, the cost of ownership & upgrades on the Mustang is so much cheaper than the Audi.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
My R is a hooligan car and, no matter their age, bystanders either get it or they don't. If they don't, oh well - their loss.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
When I was younger I drove aging small under-powered boring sedans to drive my family around. My current Mustang is the first nice car I have ever owned. I was 65 when I bought it. I regret not finding away to have Mustangs when I was younger. But I don't care what any one thinks about me having one now

Deleted member 35786

Lol, exactly what my wife thinks as well....we are both mid to late forties.

I will admit I thought hard about a new 2019 RAM...those are awesome.

If I could justify both I would...but I missed the v8 pony car experience....plus she has the CX-5 if we need more comfort.
^^ This right here. Bought my 5.0 at 50yrs of age, sort of a symbolic number thing. As you stated above our other car is nice Honda Pilot for road trips. I just ignore anyone that says anything negative and enjoy my ride. Plus if I need a truck I will just buy a cheap crappy one for hauling yard waste, lumber etc..

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I was 50 when I bought mine also. I got it two days after my last kid moved out, so it was my empty nester present to myself.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 when I bought my first one. 60 for ordering the second, pushed by my wife who preferred the GT to a my current M235i and the proposed M2C (even with a trip to Germany to do the factory delivery experience again).

She really loves the look and ride of the GT. Disliked the ride in the GT350, though.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
I actually think mustang owners carry a really terrible image. I can't tell you how many times I've been told that I'm not like the other mustang guys. Always wondered what that meant and then I went to a mustang only car show. Hoooollyyyy shit. What a train wreck.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Plus if I need a truck I will just buy a cheap crappy one for hauling yard waste, lumber etc..
Or rent one for $20 per day...so much less in the long run.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I’m 53 with Mustang and twenty year old gf.
It’s GT, 2017 vert, performance pack with black leather, Lightning blue and factory alloys.
Congrats on the 20 year old..... I think:). And since we are roughly the same age, I think I can safely say your car will give you less grief and will be a lot less costly, in the long run....

No malice intended by my post, just my thoughts..... I hope you are enjoying both....:rockon:

Sponsored

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Those comments are cancer

Did you read the comments from the "car enthusiasts" on that site who were screeching in rage about the EPA postponing their insane ICE-killing 54 mpg fuel targets? They were furious that V8s weren't going extinct.

Those little hipster bugmen with their "tee hee I want a brown 6 speed wagon!" meme genuinely hate fun cars.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I bought my GT vert because I wanted another car that went fast like my old GTO.

It's fun to drive!!

Case closed....

CVCashmere