Danosstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
6B87179B-C9AB-41A7-9339-05F98730DE75.png
Has anyone installed this type of throttle response controller yet, to help with the throttle lag on normal mode? If so, has it made any difference with the lag on normal mode? Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Completely wrong forum, but yes there are a lot of us that have installed that or similar. I did a Pedalmax before tuning my car and it definitely made an improvement in the feel of the throttle response. Instead of mashing the pedal to the floor, I just push it and get going, much more linear feeling now.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Once again, there is no throttle lag on the stock car. All this does is command more torque per pedal input. In fact, the stock tune in the 2015 already does this.

These are torque based ECUs. They command a given torque based on throttle position and A LOT of other factors interpreted by the computer. It's not as simple as saying I want 30% throttle give me 30% throttle. It doesn't work that way. The stock ECU does "limit" the amount of torque available based on certain parameters. An aftermarket tune can reduce the amount of torque limiting or remove it entirely.

The pedal position sends a signal to the ECU. The ECU interprets this and sends a signal to the throttle body to ultimately deliver a certain % of torque based on the calibration. There's no throttle lag, nor can you increase the speed of the signal. Any conjecture to the contrary is purely placebo effect of the device commanding more torque for the same pedal input.

You want to get a tune. @BmacIL

OP
OP
Danosstang

Danosstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
Once again, there is no throttle lag on the stock car. All this does is command more torque per pedal input. In fact, the stock tune in the 2015 already does this.

These are torque based ECUs. They command a given torque based on throttle position and A LOT of other factors interpreted by the computer. It's not as simple as saying I want 30% throttle give me 30% throttle. It doesn't work that way. The stock ECU does "limit" the amount of torque available based on certain parameters. An aftermarket tune can reduce the amount of torque limiting or remove it entirely.

The pedal position sends a signal to the ECU. The ECU interprets this and sends a signal to the throttle body to ultimately deliver a certain % of torque based on the calibration. There's no throttle lag, nor can you increase the speed of the signal. Any conjecture to the contrary is purely placebo effect of the device commanding more torque for the same pedal input.

You want to get a tune. @BmacIL
Thanks for the response I appreciate it. It's just so many different information out there, so u dunno what to believe sometimes. I read a lot of forum regarding the acceleration lag going from reverse to drive, or from park to drive. People have said it's throttle lag, and some have installed pedal commander to fix the issues. I've watched videos of people reporting it has made a difference when on drive mode. It made it feel like it was on sports mode, even when it's just on normal mode. To ur opinion would installing something like this help this issue on normal mode, even when I have an Lund Racing Ngauge installed already?

OP
OP
Danosstang

Danosstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
Completely wrong forum, but yes there are a lot of us that have installed that or similar. I did a Pedalmax before tuning my car and it definitely made an improvement in the feel of the throttle response. Instead of mashing the pedal to the floor, I just push it and get going, much more linear feeling now.
I'll do some research on pedal max, sounds similar to a pedal commander. Thank for the response

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you can include the technical explanation, but the base is that it gives you more pedal for less pedal push. That's all it does and it makes driving better for it in my opinion and in the opinion of the many people that have used these types of things and share their feedback. Is it as good as a tune? No. Does it give you tune-lite effects for a lower price and while maintaining warranty? yes.

I hit the pedal before and light amount of go, I hit the pedal now and it goes. It improves MY driving experience, that is not a placebo. Could I get the same result by mashing the pedal to the floor? Probably, but that wasn't satisfactory to me. Now that I have my tune on the car I can ask for those parameters to be adjusted to my liking, but that's only with the tune.

I don't remember exactly what the guy said in the last thread, but I wouldn't say these are "commanding more torque", they're accelerating the pedal input which makes pedal feel better, again, in my opinion.

I'll do some research on pedal max, sounds similar to a pedal commander. Thank for the response
Pedal Commander, Pedal Max, SEC 10. They all do the same thing, just some have different options for level of accelerated pedal input. These do not make your car faster, they simply making driving it more enjoyable.

If you don't care about warranty (it's probably gone by now on your car being that it is a 15), I'd recommend a proper tune instead (and maybe these later if you want), but that will more than double the price at least (and definitely worth it!).

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Thanks for the response I appreciate it. It's just so many different information out there, so u dunno what to believe sometimes. I read a lot of forum regarding the acceleration lag going from reverse to drive, or from park to drive. People have said it's throttle lag, and some have installed pedal commander to fix the issues. I've watched videos of people reporting it has made a difference when on drive mode. It made it feel like it was on sports mode, even when it's just on normal mode. To ur opinion would installing something like this help this issue on normal mode, even when I have an Lund Racing Ngauge installed already?
Hey, if you like it more power to you. There is not an issue though. There's no throttle lag. I'm not sure what you mean by mentioning going park to reverse or from park to drive?

There is no throttle lag with my Lund tune nor was there any on the stock tune. And the stock tune already has an increased torque output for a given pedal input. It's not a linear relationship. These devices just increase the torque output even more. Will it make a difference even with a Lund tune? Yes. Personally I dont like it. Just essentially reducing your sensitivity on the throttle is what it comes down to.

A lot of people do like what these devices do, that's fine. I am just not one of them. In my car the pedal responds instantly.
Sponsored