Perceptions of Middle-age Men in Mustangs

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
When I had my 93 LX 5.0 the cops sure loved me.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
OP, I am 32 and so is my wife. We both get to share the 2018 GT and love the heck out of it. This car was the wife's choice and her dream for many years and I am glad she bought it because now we both enjoy it like none other car I have had before. Who cares what anyone thinks!

The wife has mentioned it many times that other Mustang/Camaro/Audi/ (Insert any car here) try to race her or give her thumbs up etc. Some people cut her off rather erratically just because they see a bright orange V8 car and get jealous. At the end of the day, both of us get to be in a car that makes us smile. Forget what anyone feels about your choice or their perception of what a middle-aged person should drive :) haters hate and before this year ends, make sure the list of haters in your life becomes longer because that usually means you are doing something right in your life!
So if I go buy this 16 Comp Orange GT premium I have been eyeballing we can hang out together? LOL! And let me guess the people givign your wife the thumbs up are majority males and the ones cutting her off are majority female? Couldn't resist that.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
OP, I am 32 and so is my wife. We both get to share the 2018 GT and love the heck out of it. This car was the wife's choice and her dream for many years and I am glad she bought it because now we both enjoy it like none other car I have had before. Who cares what anyone thinks!

The wife has mentioned it many times that other Mustang/Camaro/Audi/ (Insert any car here) try to race her or give her thumbs up etc. Some people cut her off rather erratically just because they see a bright orange V8 car and get jealous. At the end of the day, both of us get to be in a car that makes us smile. Forget what anyone feels about your choice or their perception of what a middle-aged person should drive :) haters hate and before this year ends, make sure the list of haters in your life becomes longer because that usually means you are doing something right in your life!
So if I go buy this 16 Comp Orange GT premium I have been eyeballing we can hang out together? LOL! Let me guess the people giving your wife the thumbs up are majority male and the ones cutting her off are majority female? Couldn't resist that.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought my first mustang at age 16 everyone thought it was Daddy's car so now this one is actually Daddy's!

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Actually, I get a lot of attention from women. It's been about 50/50 men/women who have come up to me about the car.
Hmm interesting! I'm inline with everyone else. Guys exclusively at extreme edges of the age spectrum. Teens and retirees LOL

I'm 27 and still in the dating scene. I find myself disclosing my auto/motorcycle stuff at the very last possible moment and it's still a touchy subject. Not sure if it's my millennial generation or the whole car scene in general these days.

In my age group at least.. I think it comes off as materialistic/chauvinistic and more often than not... NOT having your financial/professional life in order!! Too many tricked out Autozone built Cavaliers/Hondas/pickups or whatever... living with the parents. Ruined the image for everyone else.

Anyways, I'm not sure what to do at this point. I think I'm doing pretty well at my age. Have a Mortgage. Good job. Grad Degree. Drive an R and a nice Ducati... but man those last two bits of info leaves such an awful taste in my date's mouth.

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
To add to Sagittaria's comment, I think you'll always find someone with a dim view of anything.

Young with a Mustang? Then you're spending too much money on a car, or are a wannabe racer, or trying too hard.

Old with a Mustang? You're having a mid-life crisis, trying to relive your childhood, not acting your age, whatever.

My advice (not that anyone asked)? Just do what you enjoy and don't worry about it. Anyone who knows you will know the kind of person you are, and anyone that judges you on your car, regardless of what it is, is probably not someone you want to be around anyway.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
damn, am i the only one under 30?

now that yall mention it, i definitely do notice that its usually older dudes who drive around sports cars. (older being id say at least 45+), but I feel like that has something to do with being able to afford these kinds of toys

i wonder what women perceive younger guys with a sports car.

Gtgpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Maybe I’m just older now and don’t notice things. I’ve gotten no grief. Thumbs up from some guys and a woman told me it was a sexy car ( I noticed that).

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
damn, am i the only one under 30?

now that yall mention it, i definitely do notice that its usually older dudes who drive around sports cars. (older being id say at least 45+), but I feel like that has something to do with being able to afford these kinds of toys

i wonder what women perceive younger guys with a sports car.
"older being at least 45+"... I was going to take offense but, the more I look at it, 49, WAY more salt than pepper in the hair, I am a grandpa... Shit! I'm old. :crying:
Sponsored