Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what "302 package" Meant 301A is. If you are referring to PP1, it was available on 300A in 2018. PP2 required 301A.

Congratulations on your order though!
Sorry, what I meant was 301 was required on all 18's with the Active Exhaust.. the 19's can be ordered with active exhaust & 300 package which saved me $2,000.

Also, checked with the dealer and no VIN yet.. so I guess I still don't have any way of tracking the order.
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Order went in today. Kona Blue GT Premium / 6 speed / Prem+ / PP1 / MagnaRide / Active Exhaust / B&O / Safe & Smart / Nickel wheels / no spoiler.

I won't complain if it takes 20 weeks to build and deliver, as getting it at the start of April would work out just fine. Who wants to be breaking in a new car with summer tires if there's snow around?
Ordered 11/15 and the dealer told me that a VIN number was generated yesterday, but it's not on their daily sheets yet. This is not shaping up to the 20 week / get in April plan that I was hoping for,

Brettski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A 6MT PP2 RR Active Exhaust
Sigh. I ordered my Ruby Red GTP PP2 with active exhaust on September 7. Nothing special other than PP2 and exhaust. It took about 10 weeks to get a VIN. Original EDD was February 19. I just checked again and now it’s March 19. That’s 6 months and almost two weeks.
Has anyone heard any good rumors as to why it might take so long? Did they run out of steel? Paint factory spill?
Grrrrr.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Sigh. I ordered my Ruby Red GTP PP2 with active exhaust on September 7. Nothing special other than PP2 and exhaust. It took about 10 weeks to get a VIN. Original EDD was February 19. I just checked again and now it’s March 19. That’s 6 months and almost two weeks.
Has anyone heard any good rumors as to why it might take so long? Did they run out of steel? Paint factory spill?
Grrrrr.
I see you’re in Kennesaw. Did you order from Jim Tidwell Ford? My order is GTP, 401a, PP1, Magneride, AE, MT. So not very different from your order. Ordered 10/17, VIN in 2 weeks, EDD 1/25/2019 according to the website. Don’t understand how you ordered over a month before me and have a much later delivery date. About a week ago my EDD changed from 1/29 to 1/25. Build week is still 1/7/2019. I’ve got my fingers crossed but still halfway expecting the delivery date to get extended. Then again, some of the posts on this site suggest that regardless of what the tracking site shows, your car may just show up one day out of the blue. Hope you get your delivery sooner than later. Sounds like a nice configuration.

Brettski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A 6MT PP2 RR Active Exhaust
I see you’re in Kennesaw. Did you order from Jim Tidwell Ford? My order is GTP, 401a, PP1, Magneride, AE, MT. So not very different from your order. Ordered 10/17, VIN in 2 weeks, EDD 1/25/2019 according to the website. Don’t understand how you ordered over a month before me and have a much later delivery date. About a week ago my EDD changed from 1/29 to 1/25. Build week is still 1/7/2019. I’ve got my fingers crossed but still halfway expecting the delivery date to get extended. Then again, some of the posts on this site suggest that regardless of what the tracking site shows, your car may just show up one day out of the blue. Hope you get your delivery sooner than later. Sounds like a nice configuration.
Yes, Jim Tidwell. I’m assuming it’s the PP2 since it has several different suspension parts, but still....that’s a long time. Congratulations on your relatively quick delivery. I’d love for mine to just pop up around Christmas lol.

Sponsored

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ‘21 Mustang Mach-1
Grrrrr.
Welcome to the PP2 waiting club! :facepalm: So this has been a frustrating wait and totally get you.
I have been running around trying to get answers ever since I noticed my build was not moving after by EDD came and went.
Ordered: 7/28/18
VIN: 10/9/18
Blend: 10/17/18 (confirmed built)
EDD: 11/16/18 (never happened, not updating either).
Current Status: "ETA Pending"

So after getting my sales person to escalate to his General Manager, who escalated to the Zone Manager and to the Ford Field Ops Manager, as well as some great folks over at BlueOvalForums, I found that PP2s are being called back to the factory if built in October or later.
There is no explanation (yet) as to WHY this call back to the factory is happening, but inventory was checked this past Fri 12/7 and the system shows no PP2's are leaving the factory. My VIN sat at the "Body Shop" after being built for over a month. Then it was just moved from "Body Shop" to "Factory" at Flat Rock. No other updates as of 12/8/18.

I'll continue to post anything I hear from my Ford sources. I am hoping they are addressing any engine "tick" issues or diff overheating issues current PP2/PP1 folks are dealing with.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Welcome to the PP2 waiting club! :facepalm: So this has been a frustrating wait and totally get you.
I have been running around trying to get answers ever since I noticed my build was not moving after by EDD came and went.
Ordered: 7/28/18
VIN: 10/9/18
Blend: 10/17/18 (confirmed built)
EDD: 11/16/18 (never happened, not updating either).
Current Status: "ETA Pending"

So after getting my sales person to escalate to his General Manager, who escalated to the Zone Manager and to the Ford Field Ops Manager, as well as some great folks over at BlueOvalForums, I found that PP2s are being called back to the factory if built in October or later.
There is no explanation (yet) as to WHY this call back to the factory is happening, but inventory was checked this past Fri 12/7 and the system shows no PP2's are leaving the factory. My VIN sat at the "Body Shop" after being built for over a month. Then it was just moved from "Body Shop" to "Factory" at Flat Rock. No other updates as of 12/8/18.

I'll continue to post anything I hear from my Ford sources. I am hoping they are addressing any engine "tick" issues or diff overheating issues current PP2/PP1 folks are dealing with.
This is bizarre. As far as I know, the PP2 (and PP1) cars are not any different from a regular GT other than suspension, tires and wheels, brakes, larger radiator and the PP2 comes with Magneride standard. Bullitt mustangs (mechanically) are the same as PP1 with the only difference being a different intake manifold. A local dealer near me just took delivery of two Bullitts both with Magneride with blend dates of November 14th. I’m not sure why PP2 would be called back and Bullitts with Magneride are still being delivered. Are Bullitts built on a totally different production line? Even so, the engine, transmission and rear diff would be from the same suppliers as all other GT mustangs. (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong here). So, I can’t see this related to engine tick, or diff overheat. However with all that being said, PP2 cars in general do seem to take a good bit longer than the others for some reason. I wonder if it could be that they don’t want to risk damaging the summer tires. After all it was around 23 degrees F in Flat Rock this morning. See: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/03/performance-tires-crack-winter-cracking/index.htm
Since PP2 Mustangs are more likely to be driven at high speed on a track, perhaps Ford see this as a potental liability issue and is simply waiting for a warm weather week to ship PP2 cars. Just a theory.

Last edited:

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Ordered (today) a GT premium fastback, Kona blue, with PP1, Magneride, active exhaust and no spoiler. The salesman is saying 8-12 weeks for delivery, we will see.
This, after owning Camaros of the first 4 generations up to my current '94 Z28 convertible. It's time for a new car and I can't stand the looks of the new Camaros, Ford wins!

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My status changed this morning!

It says "
In Production
Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page."

I now have a window sticker link!

EDD is still 1/11/19

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

It says "
In Production
Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page."

EDD is still 1/11/19
I also received a status change of in production this morning. My EDD is 12/31. Got the window sticker now too. It's finally happening!

Sponsored

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I also received a status change of in production this morning. My EDD is 12/31. Got the window sticker now too. It's finally happening!

It says "
In Production

EDD is still 1/11/19
Didn't want to go back through the previous pages to see when you guys placed your orders.. can you update when you actually ordered the vehicles? Is this in line with the estimated 12-14 weeks for delivery?

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
Didn't want to go back through the previous pages to see when you guys placed your orders.. can you update when you actually ordered the vehicles? Is this in line with the estimated 12-14 weeks for delivery?
I ordered 9/24/2018 and my ETD is 1/20/2019. Still not in production, but scheduled for 12/31/2019

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I ordered 9/20.

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Velocity Blue GT Premium, 401A, Midnight blue interior, performance pack, active exhaust, safe and smart

From the Vehicle order tracking website:
Ordered on 9/3/18
EDD 1/2/19
Did not receive VIN until 10/24/18

Originally ordered magneride, but two weeks in I was told that was holding up the order. Thinking that deleting was going to move things along. I deleted that option. Still going slow.
Here is my original info.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
For the PP2 orders, it's the SC2 tires. I believe production has been pushed out to the Feb/Mar timeframe in line with the GT350R's. The SC2's are really prone to cracking in freezing temps.
Sponsored