Sponsored

Unlikely Head to Head Review: Mustang GT vs Genesis G70

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I have a 16 GT and an 18 RWD GT2 stinger. Both are excellent cars for different reasons. I am currently shopping for the manual G70 to add to the car collection or replace the mustang. I’m fortunate enough to have worked hard to be able to afford what I want. I most certainly have these cars in my sights. Basically deciding between a manual G70, a new GT premium, or a BMW M550i. Radically different but all in consideration.
Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I would get a G70 over a Stinger GT. I prefer having the Genesis brand and the G70 looks a lot more refined and AWD is available on the TTV6. not sure if they will retain the 360 cam (especially front camera) for the US model. Kia cheapened the US Stinger by not including the front camera that is on intl versions.
The stinger offers the 3.3TT with AWD and the 19s have the optional 360 surround camera.

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The stinger is so cheesy looking I'm surprised it had admirers, imo it's one of the tackiest cars in its class but BMW is getting close with the new 2019 3 series, which is equally unpleasant looking

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
The stinger is so cheesy looking I'm surprised it had admirers, imo it's one of the tackiest cars in its class but BMW is getting close with the new 2019 3 series, which is equally unpleasant looking
I prefer it to the refreshed look of the mustang headlights. I am quite happy with my stinger. It makes me turn around and look at it after I park, just like my mustang.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I think the Stinger looks better than the G70, and the G70 2.0 is a dog, very slow per Motor Trends recent review. I will not drive a car that grandma in her v6 Camry or Accord can smoke.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
We could all go cheap and get the Buick Regal GS 300+HP NA V6 AWD and the last year of the Fusion Sport TT V6 AWD :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Genesis looks a lot better than the Stinger IMO. The Stinger is more like what a fifth grader would draw with oddball tacked on scoops and crap in weird locations.

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I think the Stinger looks better than the G70, and the G70 2.0 is a dog, very slow per Motor Trends recent review. I will not drive a car that grandma in her v6 Camry or Accord can smoke.
The G70 comes in 3.3t much faster than any camry.

The Genesis looks a lot better than the Stinger IMO. The Stinger is more like what a fifth grader would draw with oddball tacked on scoops and crap in weird locations.
I concur

We could all go cheap and get the Buick Regal GS 300+HP NA V6 AWD and the last year of the Fusion Sport TT V6 AWD :)
Both those cars are fugly, if I had to have a car that seated 4

G70 > Stinger > Mustang (the back seat people would just have to find a way to fit) lol

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You race grandmas in V6 Camrys? [/obscure Happy Gilmore reference]

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'd buy the G70 for sure if I had only one car and didn't want to track my "fun car". Without reservation, I would. Although I'd probably also consider the Acura TLX A-Spec.

Sponsored

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
The Stinger is my wife's car. As a daily driver I have a 17 MKZ AWD with the 3.0T. It has 400hp and 400tq. Personally, I prefer my MKZ over the Stinger. My wife loves her Stinger though.
20180703_162356.jpg

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'd buy the G70 for sure if I had only one car and didn't want to track my "fun car". Without reservation, I would. Although I'd probably also consider the Acura TLX A-Spec.
You're better off just getting a Honda Accord V6 Sport, They put more time and thought into that car than they have the Acura brand as of late.

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
I didn't quote you. Don't get hurt.
Yeah it's not like you expressed your opinion on a public forum or anything. No one getting upset here besides you dude.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Both those cars are fugly, if I had to have a car that seated 4

G70 > Stinger > Mustang (the back seat people would just have to find a way to fit) lol
I think I'd go with a Charger or Challenger (the former if I wanted a "real" 4-seater), Heck, the new Scat-Pack package with a few nice options, awesome uConnect electronics, 485HP, 8-speed, can be found for under $40K.

axon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Mustang buyers are regular car buyers, so that didn't make any sense. I have a Mustang but also considered the G70, they were just taking too long to get to the dealers so I grabbed my Mustang.
Too true, I was in the same boat and I really wanted to test drive a G70 but it never came out so eh.
Sponsored