Sponsored

10-speed auto swap

bsimms89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, 2012 Camaro SS, 2017 COPO Camaro
I'm interested in this swap too, I have a 2014 raptor 6.2L with a 2.9L whipple, have no intention up upgrading to the new V6 raptor, but would be interested if someone develops a swap for the 10 speed. I've floated the idea around on some raptor forums but everyone has just said the CAN bus would be a problem and noone seems interested in pursuing it any further. I would also eventually consider it in my 2012 camaro that I plan on one day installing an LSX 454 if a stand alone controller was developed.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
These guys are working on a 10R80 controller: https://www.usshift.com

No clear release date but they have a video where they swapped a 10R80 into a Grand Marquis.
Thanks for the update. Was thinking about this the other day again.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I expect US Shift to be the best chance at a 10 speed swap. The downside is the lack of integration with the rest of the cars systems. So that means no drive mode changes, no gear indications, etc...

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
I expect US Shift to be the best chance at a 10 speed swap. The downside is the lack of integration with the rest of the cars systems. So that means no drive mode changes, no gear indications, etc...
My exact thoughts after reading their site. Hopefully if they pioneer it though, someone else will develop a swap that’s more catered to Ford to Ford swaps, VS a universal style swap. It’s still encouraging though. Still surprised that this isn’t a bigger movement with how successful the A10 seems to be.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
My exact thoughts after reading their site. Hopefully if they pioneer it though, someone else will develop a swap that’s more catered to Ford to Ford swaps, VS a universal style swap. It’s still encouraging though. Still surprised that this isn’t a bigger movement with how successful the A10 seems to be.
I think the issue has been availability. I have yet to see a 10 speed listed for a reasonable price. As with everything though, that should change.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
It’s unlikely this will ever be completed in a DIY format based on the electronics involved between the 18 and older models. I figured some aftermarket companies would have jumped on this, and for them money shouldn’t be an issue. At least someone is finally getting around to it. Better than where we were a few months ago even. Now if Ford would get on the wagon and make a kit... that would be the best option.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
A kit from Ford with the proper electronics/flashable tune would be really nice. They might sell more than they think.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
A kit from Ford with the proper electronics/flashable tune would be really nice. They might sell more than they think.
Exactly. They made a coyote swap kit, why not for the A10?

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
It’s unlikely this will ever be completed in a DIY format based on the electronics involved between the 18 and older models. I figured some aftermarket companies would have jumped on this, and for them money shouldn’t be an issue. At least someone is finally getting around to it. Better than where we were a few months ago even. Now if Ford would get on the wagon and make a kit... that would be the best option.
The only chance I think there is for a DIY format would be the 15-17 EB owners. The 18 EB didn't change alot so the required PCM and engine harness would likely be a drop in replacement. The GTs have the dual injection system that makes things difficult and the V6 owners are just screwed all around for any DIY setup.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
I’ll be sure to post anything new that I come across.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
PRI is going on right now Im still 100% positive there will be someone making a PNP controller.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now

The 10R80 swap into a Panther. This is obviously still a work in progress and was noted above, but def. something to keep an eye on.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)

The 10R80 swap into a Panther. This is obviously still a work in progress and was noted above, but def. something to keep an eye on.
The rep from that business said via email they expect their stand alone system to be ready mid 2019.
Sponsored