Initial Modifcations to GT350

Shelby Daniels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
18' GT350R + 15' Range Rover SC
Im definitely odd man out on the subject of lowering. I read the warnings about splitter clearance but couldn't get over the mile of wheel gap. Installed the Eibachs and don't regret it. The car looks badass and if that means taking driveways at an angle, cool.

Does is scrape: Everyday
Do I care: Nope

I wont lie, you have to be careful but you're already being careful. The splitter is literally designed to scrape. In fact, speaking from experience, that splitter is resilient AF. Throw on the ZL1 Addons Splitter Washers and you're good.

Torn between Ford Performance and the more aggressive Eibachs, it was a difficult decision. The problem is Ford Performance advertise a 0.75" drop on the 350 but there is no mention of the R. Several R owners claim they saw no difference between the stock spring and the Ford Performance. (There's endless debate on tires, spring height, spring tension etc.)

That leaves the Eibachs and I couldn't find one picture let alone testimony of someone w/ an R on those springs. At the end of the day, its a bit of a pain but theres NO WAY I'm going back. I parked next to my buddies R yesterday and its insane what a difference it makes.
IMG_5343.jpeg
IMG_5295.jpeg
Sponsored

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
but couldn't get over the mile of wheel gap.
Psh, you don't know the struggle of the old days!

02gt8.jpg

We're currently living in the heyday of proper-height sports cars and wheel gap reduction.

But yeah, your stance is sex. There's just literally no way I could do that because my non-R splitter would be ripped off within five minutes of turning the car on.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Im definitely odd man out on the subject of lowering. I read the warnings about splitter clearance but couldn't get over the mile of wheel gap. Installed the Eibachs and don't regret it. The car looks badass and if that means taking driveways at an angle, cool.

I wont lie, you have to be careful but you're already being careful. The splitter is literally designed to scrape. In fact, speaking from experience, that splitter is resilient AF. Throw on the ZL1 Addons Splitter Washers and you're good.

Torn between Ford Performance and the more aggressive Eibachs, it was a difficult decision. The problem is Ford Performance advertise a 0.75" drop on the 350 but there is no mention of the R. Several R owners claim they saw no difference between the stock spring and the Ford Performance. (There's endless debate on tires, spring height, spring tension etc.)

That leaves the Eibachs and I couldn't find one picture let alone testimony of someone w/ an R on those springs. At the end of the day, its a bit of a pain but theres NO WAY I'm going back. I parked next to my buddies R yesterday and its insane what a difference it makes.
IMG_5343.jpeg
IMG_5295.jpeg
I see pics like this and it makes me want to consider springs because it looks so good.

But my poor splitter already sees enough.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra

Shelby Daniels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Psh, you don't know the struggle of the old days!

02gt8.jpg

We're currently living in the heyday of proper-height sports cars and wheel gap reduction.

But yeah, your stance is sex. There's just literally no way I could do that because my non-R splitter would be ripped off within five minutes of turning the car on.
Lol I rememner. It does look worse now though.

I'm used to backing down driveways now. Besides looking like a total douche, it's not so bad

Sponsored

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

IMG_5343.jpeg
IMG_5295.jpeg
You at Red Rock?! Awesome! I live in Vegas with an Avalanche Gray R

Shelby Daniels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I see pics like this and it makes me want to consider springs because it looks so good.

But my poor splitter already sees enough.
You at Red Rock?! Awesome! I live in Vegas with an Avalanche Gray R
Ya during Sema and for the Mustang show @ Shelby that Saturday. So beautiful. I will be back there soon for rolling shots
Sponsored